Chapter 42

At the end of the three-day hot spring trip, Jiang's father came to take them home.

After a long two-hour drive, they finally returned to Liancheng.

But he didn't expect that Xia Lian would have a fever when he came back. The medicines Ye Shijin brought were not used when he was at the hot spring villa, but they were used now.

But Ye Shijin didn't want this. Xia Lian hadn't had a fever for a long time. This time he had a fever. Ye Shijin blamed himself very much, feeling that he didn't take good care of Xia Lian.

They also went to the hot springs the night before. If they had not soaked in the hot springs, Xia Lian might not have a fever.

Xia Lian was lying on the bed, her cheeks were red from steaming, her forehead was pasted with an antipyretic patch, her eyes were wet from the fever, and she had a thermometer in her mouth.

Ye Shijin nervously took out the thermometer, 38.5 degrees.

This number made Ye Shijin even more nervous: "I've already taken medicine, why is it still so hot?"

"Don't worry, it takes time to reduce the fever." Although he was a patient, Xia Lian comforted him in turn.

"But it's already been a day." Ye Shiqun said.

Xia Lian fell asleep, and Ye Shigu kept feeding him hot water and taking medicine on time, but he was not feeling better. It was 38 degrees just now, and now it is 0.5 degrees higher. If it weren't for the newly bought medicine, Ye Shigu would doubt this. Is the medicine expired? Xia Lian didn't do this before when she was sick.

"It doesn't matter, it may take another two days." Xia Lian said.

If the fever persists, how can Xia Lian survive for another two days? It will burn out.

Grandpa and grandma walked in with porridge and side dishes: "Xiao Lian has eaten, how do you feel?"

"I'm fine." Xia Lian sat up, and Xia Shuhong stuffed the cushion behind him for him to lean on.

Ye Shijin brought the porridge over and wanted to feed him, but Xia Lian said, "I can eat it by myself. I'm not too weak yet." He took the bowl.

He scooped up the white porridge and drank a few spoonfuls in small sips. Suddenly he frowned, his face instantly turned pale, and he lowered his head and vomited it all on the floor.

This frightened the other three people and sent Xia Lian to the hospital immediately.

Ye Shiqu ran to the emergency room with Xia Lian on his back, but there were many people lined up in the emergency room. There were especially many people sick in winter, and the public hospitals were overcrowded. The children kept crying and the noise was annoying.

The queue for the emergency room took a long time. Xia Shuhong was so worried that he went to help Xia Lian register first. Xia Lian lay on Ye Shiqu's back, and her breath was hot: "It's okay, I'll just wait."

Ye Shiqu carried him to the door and took a look. There was a long queue outside the emergency room, and there was a large crowd of people inside. The doctors were surrounded and could not be seen.

Moreover, the smell of disinfectant was very strong, mixed with the smell of sweat and blood from the crowd. Xia Lian covered her mouth and retched.

Ye Shijin raised his head worriedly, while Xia Lian's eyes were covered with mist: "I'm fine, I just feel uncomfortable smelling these smells."

"Ye Shijin, please put me down, it's too heavy." He put on two down jackets and carried a hot water bottle in his arms. Ye Shijin had been carrying him on his back since arriving at the hospital without resting.