Chapter 68

"You came to save me, but unfortunately, I couldn't hold on." Xia Lian said, "When I woke up again, I found that I had gone back to the past."

"Then, you know what happened next."

After Xia Lian finished speaking, Ye Shijin was silent for a long time.

His eyes were already red, and he only had to hold back the tears from falling.

"I'm still late." Ye Shiqu regretted.

"It's not too late, not at all." Xia Lian said, "Don't you think I'm fine now? If I hadn't lived a new life, I would be disabled now and could only spend the rest of my life lying in a hospital bed."

At that time, a large area of his skin was burned, with red and white flesh alternately, and dark yellow liquid constantly oozing out. His calf was burnt. Even if he could be saved, he would still be disfigured and disabled. Xia Lian would definitely be in great pain.

So he thought it would be good to be reborn.

"Everything is the best arrangement," Xia Lian said. "If we weren't reborn, we wouldn't have grown up together."

"Ye Shijin, I'm very happy now." Xia Lian raised his hand and touched Ye Shijin's head.

With his touch, Ye Shijin couldn't help but shed tears. He hugged Xia Lian tightly in his arms, feeling the other person's warmth.

It is a warm, living, real summer curtain.

Xia Lian narrowed her eyes and smiled: "Fortunately, I was reborn. Otherwise, if you think about it, I might have married Zhang Chen out of nowhere, and I would definitely regret it."

"It's because he is unlucky." Ye Shiqun kissed Xia Lian's forehead.

Xia Lian hugged Ye Shiqu with both hands: "Do you feel any pain?" She had a fight with Zhang Chen yesterday.

He stared at Ye Shijin's face distressedly: "It's all bruised. Have you applied any medicine? Let me put some medicine on you."

Xia Lian immediately got up and went to get the ointment and put it in front of her. When she came back, she applied the ointment carefully to Ye Shiqian.

Ye Shijin sat on the bed with his head raised, quietly waiting for Xia Lian to finish applying the medicine.

The corners of Xia Lian's mouth raised slightly, and then she suddenly sneezed.

"..." Xia Lian sniffed.

Ye Shiqun took the ointment from his hand, immediately stuffed the summer curtain into the bed, and lay in it himself: "Have a rest, don't catch a cold."

"I didn't sleep well last night." Ye Shiqu hugged Xia Lian and rested her head on his shoulder, acting like a spoiled child.

Xia Lian liked Ye Shijin's behavior. It was better than saying nothing and being silent. He smiled and said, "Then you can catch up on some sleep now."

Ye Shijin nodded.

Xia Lian had taken a bath, her body smelled good, her skin was smooth and tender, and she felt soft when she held her, like holding a rabbit doll.

Ye Shiqun smelled the scent of Xia Lian's neck and wanted to kiss him, but he had ointment on the corners of his mouth, which was really inconvenient, so Ye Shiqun held back.

What he had been thinking about all night last night finally got the answer today. Ye Shifan was relieved and fell asleep quickly.

During lunch, Uncle Pei noticed that Ye Shiqu was in a much better mood and kept picking up food for Xia Lian, knowing that the two children had already started talking.