Chapter 30

The midterm exam is scheduled for Thursday, and after it ends, there will be no classes this week, which means that you can rest for three consecutive days. Although everyone thinks that the midterm exam is very painful, but after hearing that after the exam, you will have full health and resurrect after three days of rest.

But what Xia Lian didn't expect was that Zhang Chen would be waiting for him at the school gate.

By coincidence, Ye Shijin was called away by his teacher after school, and Xia Lian told him to wait for him in the bookstore at the school gate.

"..." Xia Lian glanced left and right, thinking about if there was any gap for him to slip away.

Zhang Chen had seen him a long time ago and came over: "Xia Lian."

"What are you doing?" Xia Lian tugged on the strap of her schoolbag.

Zhang Chen: "Do you want to go home? I'll take you there."

"No need." Xia Lian shook his head, avoided him and walked to the bookstore.

Zhang Chen followed up: "How was the midterm exam paper of your high school? Is it difficult?"

"good."

Zhang Chen struggled to find a topic: "That's pretty cool. I heard that the test papers for your high school are quite difficult."

Xia Lian walked into the bookstore, her eyes were attracted by the exquisite gift area, and she walked over to pick it up.

Zhang Chen walked to him: "Do you want to buy a gift?"

"Yeah." Xia Lian picked a mobile phone case. The mobile phone case was smoky gray and relatively simple, with a rabbit painted on the lower right corner.

Zhang Chen saw it and said hurriedly: "This is very beautiful and suitable for boys."

Xia Lian pursed his lips slightly. He also felt that Ye Shijin's birthday was coming soon and he wanted to buy some gifts for him.

Zhang Chen glanced around the gift area: "What else do you like?"

He swore that if Xia Lian liked anything, he would buy it for him.

Zhang Chen picked up a bracelet with silver sequins dotted with pink beads. He asked Xia Lian, "Do you like this?"

Xia Lian glanced and shook his head.

"What about this one? Do you like this one?" Zhang Chen took another exquisite pen.

"..." Xia Lian put down the things in her hands and asked him, "Are you okay?"

His tone was cold, and a hint of loneliness flashed in Zhang Chen's eyes, and then he quickly covered it up: "I just want to accompany you."

"I don't need it." Xia Lian said. He picked another golden camphor leaf bookmark with a white rabbit ear pendant hanging underneath.

"It's really not necessary," Xia Lian straightened up and said to him, "You can go, I can pick it by myself, don't delay your work."

Zhang Chen was stunned for two seconds, then shrugged pretending not to care: "I have nothing to do anyway, school is on holiday..."

"But I want to choose alone." Xia Lian looked at him calmly, without any other emotion in her eyes.

Zhang Chen rolled his Adam's apple, then looked away, curling up his fingers on his side, feeling as if someone was tugging at his heart.

He remembered that in the past, Xia Lian wanted him to accompany him to the gift shop, but he always said no, or agreed and then let Xia Lian go.

Now he wanted to accompany Xia Lian to choose gifts, but Xia Lian didn't give him this chance.