Chapter 45

After an unknown amount of time, Xia Lian swallowed the noodles and said, "I, I'm full."

Ye Shifan: "Are you going to sleep?"

"Well, it's already ten o'clock, let's go brush our teeth first." Xia Lian put away the lunch boxes on the table and found Ye Shijin sitting in front of the screen without moving, his eyes full of reluctance.

Xia Lian rolled her eyes, put her hands on the edge of the table, leaned over and asked Ye Shifan, "Do you want to watch me brush my teeth?"

Ye Shifan: "?"

"Just...I put the phone on the sink."

Upon hearing this, Ye Shijin's eyes regained their vitality: "Is that okay?"

"Humph," Xia Lian smiled narrowly, "What a beautiful idea!" She exited the video chat.

Ye Shijin quickly sent a question mark: [? 】

Ye Shifan: [Lied to me? 】

Xia Lian laughed out loud and typed a reply: [You are easy to trick, Ye Xiaoxue. 】

Ye Shiqu: [? Why is it called Ye Xiaoxue? 】

Xia Liang clicked on Ye Shijin's profile picture and changed his note to Ye Xiaoxue.

Xia Lian replied: [Because someone's birthday falls on Xiaoxue. 】

Ye Xiaoxue: [...Does it have to be called this? 】

Xia Lian: [You don't have to like it (warning.jpg)]

Ye Xiaoxue: [I like it! 】

Xia Lian: [Of course, even if you don't like it, you can't refuse me to call you this. 】

Ye Xiaoxue: [......]

Xia Lian: [huh? Do you want to say no? (Threat.jpg)]

Ye Xiaoxue: [Of course not! 】

Xia Lian: [Good performance, good night Ye Xiaoxue. 】

Ye Xiaoxue: [Good night. 】

Ye Shijin stared at the phone and laughed, moved his chair and stood up, lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling and muttering to himself: "Ye, Xiao, Xue."

The whole room was so quiet that only his giggles came from time to time. Ye Shijin probably realized that this was stupid, so he closed his mouth and controlled himself not to make any sound.

After a few seconds, Ye Shijin gave in with a "poof" sound.

Just be stupid.

The next day, Xia Lian got up and went to have breakfast, while Yu Mingyue was busy in the kitchen.

"Little curtain."

"Hey, what happened to grandma?"

Yu Mingyue came out with a lunch box: "Can you deliver grandpa's meal to the company later? He was in a hurry today and forgot to bring it."

"Oh." Xia Lian quickly stuffed the steamed dumplings into her belly.

Yu Mingyue told him to eat slowly: "Don't choke. Don't be in a hurry. Just finish eating before sending it over."

"OK."

Xia Lian moved her cheeks like a rabbit. She seemed to eat quickly but actually chewed slowly. After swallowing the last bit, she took the lunch box on the table and went out: "Grandma, I'm going out!"

"Okay." Yu Mingyue poked her head from the door, "Run slowly and be careful when crossing the road!"

"oh!"