2: Problem child... aren't I the wrong person to be called that?

Going and leaving school was the easy part of my life, even when the 'normal' lessons we got (given by pro heroes) were the hardest I had ever seen. I learned though, so that was nice.

Because of the new school year, Hatsu couldn't work at the times I worked, so now I was stuck with other people.
They didn't let me catch a break, and one time I even got my ear barked off when I spilled a drink. Of course I managed to save someone from getting wet, but still I got yelled at.

My mother didn't improve, is that even a question?

As I sat in class once more, I looked around a little. It seemed like everyone in class was making friends. Of course I didn't go here to make friends, but still I wondered what it would be like, a school friend.

About then someone came rushing in.
"I am here!"

"Oh god." I mumbled under my breath.

All Might!
Yey.

Oh! You expected more excitement. In truth I had already met him once. I doubt he remembers, but back then he had taken out some villains. He had let one run which managed to sneak into my apartment.

All Might personally had apologised for my father's death.

Hero studies started and we had to do hand to hand combat with our quirks.

You'd think this stupid, and it was, but at least we'd get the experience of fighting with quirks.
Personally I already knew some combat already, so I could manage, I figured.

I was pared with Shoto Todoroki and some other guy.
The first fight was rather heavy, though when we started Todoroki froze the entire building and managed to touch the weapon without missing a step.

I hadn't even bothered to enter the building as I played duolingo on my phone.
Gotta save my streak.

Fortunately I left school easily, though suddenly someone caught up to me.

"Wait! We're going the same way, ___, right?" It was that one guy, Izuku Midoryia.

"Er..." I looked away, "I'm going to the bus."

After Midoryia had introduced himself we walked to the bus stop. I only hoped he'd get out before me.
He did, and when I got off I walked to the cafe. On the bus Midoryia and me had talked a little, making me feel glad he hadn't been expelled that first day. He was a kind student.

I went to my job, got yelled at again before my coworker had a mental breakdown, classic, and then I left, mentally drained myself.
As I walked over the streets my eyes scrolled the buildings and people I walked passed. My coat felt warm compared to the slight breeze going trough my hair.

"But of an odd hour for a young kid to be walking outside." Someone slurred behind me.

I paused, feeling someone stumble into me. With a sigh I activated my quirk. The small release of my quirk felt soft, like a hug waiting for me. I closed my eyes as behind me, the man wriggled in pain, unable to breath by how hard his chest clenched.

Softly, I let my own pain return, it leaving the man. As I turned slightly I gave him a sad smile, "Maybe if you weren't an arsehole, I'd be sorry." With that I moved on, my hands in my pockets and my chest unclenching slightly.

A sigh escaped me when I got home. My mother was watching tv, her coat and boots on the ground like she had come home and went to the couch in a straight line, not pausing at the door.

"Hi." I mumbled, only to get ignored.

While I sat in my desk chair, homework in front of me, I put my face in my hands. My tired eyes didn't help with writing as the power in the building malfunctioned again. I sighed and gave up.