Chapter 15: Cornelius Fudge

"Why couldn't it be 'Follow the butterflies'?"

Harry, Ron, Pansy and I hid under the Invisibility Cloak while making our way to Hagrid's hut, I hammered both my fists on his door.

"Who's there?" Hagrid's voice boomed before the door swung open seconds later. We found ourselves face to face with him, aiming a crossbow at us. "Hello?" he called in confusion when he saw no one. "Hello?"

We hurriedly threw the cloak off us in panic. Hagrid sighed in relief.

"What's that for?" Harry asked, pointing at the crossbow.

"Oh," said Hagrid. "Nothin'. I was expectin'... uh... It doesn' matter. Come on in. I just made a pot of tea."

Hagrid's hands were shaking a lot. He hardly noticed the mug overflowing with hot water that poured down from its sides.

"Hagrid, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine. I'm all righ'."

"Did you hear about Hermione?" said Harry.

"Oh, yeah, I heard about' that all right." He kept glancing nervously towards the window.

Harry and I looked at each other silently arguing who's going to ask the question.

I shook my head, Nope.

Harry rolled his eyes.

"Look, we have to ask you something." He glanced at Ron for support Ron nodded encouragingly like, You got this, Bestie, but didn't offer a word.

Hagrid turned to face as at Harry 's serious tone and my brother continued, "Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?"

Hagrid did not look surprised, as if he'd been expecting this question. He sighed. "What you need to understand that is—"

He was interrupted by a knock on the door.

I jumped, panicking.

"Quick," Hagrid whispered. "Under the Cloak. Don't say a word. Be quiet, all of you."

We did as he said, huddling by the wall. We can't see who's outside from here were we stood.

Hagrid pulled the door open, holding his crossbow up. He lowered it, "Professor Dumbledore, sir."

And so it was.

"Good evening, Hagrid. I wonder, could we...?"

Say no. Say no. Say

"Of course. Come in, Come in."

NOOO— Wait, 'We'?

Dumbledore entered followed by a familiar-looking man. He had rumpled grey hair and an anxious expression. He was holding a bowler hat.

Isn't that the Minister of Magic? I only met him once.

What was his name again?

Chocolate Fudge?

"That's Dad's boss!" Ron breathed. "Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic."

Oh. Cornelius.

"Bad business, Hagrid, very bad business." said Fudge. "Had to come. Three attacks on muggle-borns. Things have gone far enough. The Ministry's got to act."

"But I never..." said Hagrid, looking imploringly at Dumbledore. "No. You know I never, Professor!"

"I want it understood, Cornelius, that Hagrid has my full confidence," said Dumbledore, frowning at Fudge.