♡︎𝚂𝚔𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚛♡︎

You know how people say you learn something new every day? Well, that's true. Very true. I learn something today. Something about myself, surprisingly.

I hate kayaking. Like, a lot.

It's boring and not the kind of exercise I ever want to do. So, I simply don't do it. Daniel makes sure to glare at me every time he looks back at me. I grin in response each time.

"You know, this is supposed to be a team activity." Daniel dryly tells me. "We're supposed to work together."

"No, it's a couple's activity." I smugly correct. "We aren't a couple, Daniel. No matter how much you want us to be."

Daniel scoffs at that. "I do not want us to be a couple." He bitterly grumbles. I smile when he continues paddling along, passing this one couple we've been in a silent race in.

The woman in the kayak narrows her eyes at me as we pass her again. I smile triumphantly. "Hurry up, Daniel. We have to keep our lead." I reach forward to tap his shoulder a few times.

"What lead?" He stops paddling completely to look back at me.

I gasp when the woman and her oblivious partner take the lead the moment we've stopped. They take the dirty shot. "They're getting ahead." I whisper, pointing towards the woman who looks over her shoulder to sarcastically return my triumphant smile.

"What the fuck?" Daniel scoffs. He huffs and starts paddling.

I grin. Not because we pass them immediately, but because Daniel is actually participating. And he seems pissed about it too. So pissed, in fact, that he flips the couple off the moment we pass them. The woman's jaw drops, and her partner blinks a couple of times before he scoffs and flips Daniel off too. Probably just because he's confused and offended.

"Fuck you." Daniel scoffs again at the fact that he's being flipped off.

"Fuck you." The guy returns. He drops his paddle to lift a second hand up for a second middle finger.

"Now's our chance." I quickly smack at Daniel's shoulder. Daniel is quick to grab his paddles again and quickly paddle after our tour guide in front of us. The woman scoffs and starts yelling at her partner to go.

Our tour guide glances back at us to make sure no one is dying back here. Lucky for him, no one is and we're all sticking with the group. For the most part. "Yes!" I giggle happily as they drift off towards the back of the group since they're too busy arguing to catch up.

"I think we just ruined their honeymoon." Daniel murmurs as he glances back at them.

"Maybe they should just be better at paddling then." I suggest with an unconcerned shrug.

"Yeah, they're pretty good at it." Daniel admits with a soft scoff that sounds like a laugh. "I don't think we're going to hold the lead for long if you don't start paddling." He grumbles bitterly, the humor wearing off of him.

I groan. "I don't want to." I dismiss as I look around our beautiful surroundings. I've been more content with looking at the occasional animal and beautifully green sights around us.

"Fine."

I cock my head back at his answer. Daniel simply sighs and paddles slower so we can enjoy the scenery with our group.

Fine?

I shake my head as I pull my phone out, deciding not to push my luck with him. He's not in a bad mood now, but he will be soon. Daniel glances back at me. "Are you taking a picture right now?" He questions. Maybe his attitude getting ready to make a grand appearance.