︎♡︎︎𝚂𝚔𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚛♡︎

I have a terrible sense of patience, always have. It's not like I'm not used to waiting—I am capable of it. I just don't actually like waiting. It's boring.

I should've thought about that fact before I told Danny we needed to wait six months to make our relationship an actual relationship.

There are some things people who are just casually seeing each other don't do, and some things boyfriends and girlfriends do. One of those things involve using labels. So, when I was introduced to someone at Danny's work one day somewhere in the two month mark and he said friend, my blood boiled.

I had to deal with that a couple more times as I was introduced in passing to his dad at his work too and later a few coworkers he and I went to a bar with. Danny seemed pretty casual about it which really only made it worse for me. Especially when a lady at the bar smiled a little wider when he mentioned that stupid friend word. Of course, we're casually seeing each other, so I used some of the privileges I have to silently assure her he wasn't single.

Danny was sure to tease me about it for the next week and a half. He only stopped because I brought up his kidnapping tendencies in response every time he brought that up.

It's been a month since then, and things haven't gotten better. I find it annoying when ladies around Danny look up at him for too long or when I notice someone who knows him glancing at his bare hand. He wasn't even engaged that long!

It's all annoying as hell, but Danny never really entertains those ladies, and he stands closer to me than normal if and when he sees someone checking out his ring-less hand. That makes me feel better about all of it. I may have failed to hold certain privileges above his head for long, but we both know at the end of the day, our end goal is the one to keep. Danny has admitted that he doesn't care that much about the look of things and when we admit when our relationship started, but he still participates in this because I want it. He added that he needed some time too. So, this kind of works out great.

It's definitely been something to get used to though. It's been hard to accept that I'm going to keep getting introduced as a close friend for a while even though I literally woke up in bed next to that man that morning, but I am growing to accept it. Slowly but surely.

Frustratingly, Danny seems to have come to terms with it quicker than me. I hate him.

He knows I hate him for it, so he's been trying to make it up to me. One of his ways of apologizing for being so rational is doing something for me that I've never done. Ride a motorcycle. He told me he could take me before we left Costa Rica, but we never ended up doing that. So, he's making it up to me now.

I'm a little scared, to be honest. Partly because I've never been on a motorcycle before. Also, on the drive to his brother's house in his normal car, he admits that he hasn't touched his motorcycle in a while. So long, in fact, that he has his brother pick it up from some storage unit that it apparently was in for him.

"Danny!" I scold, exasperated. "Why did you agree if you don't know how to drive it?"

"I know how." He scoffs and glances at me before looking back at the road. "Just haven't done it in a while."

"I don't feel safe." I stubbornly decide as I cross my arms over my chest.

He chuckles at that. "Relax, Skylar. I'm going to circle the block a couple of times before I take you with me." He dismisses. "I know how, I just need a second to get back into the flow."