୨𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚢୧

For a couple of seconds, me and this random lady sort of just stand here and stare at Skylar's door. Neither of us really know why she suddenly decided to leave. I clear my throat and start digging in my pocket for my key card. I guess that was her way of saying no to my invitation.

I turn away from the woman and step towards my door. She starts to laugh. "Hey, was that..." She slowly trials off at the sound of her phone.

I look over my shoulder and sort of just give her a simple nod before I open my door. She's too distracted with her phone to stop me again. And now I have to wait for her to get out of the hall so I can go see Skylar. Because I'm pretty sure she just left because of the lady.

For a couple of minutes, I sit by the door and wait while this lady stands in the hall to check her phone. It's really weird of me, honestly. I could just leave my room now and give her an awkward stranger smile as I walk over to knock on Skylar's door, but that sounds like human interaction that I don't want right now.

While I wait for her to leave, I pull my phone out to pass the time. Naturally. That proves to be a mistake because I end up checking the text message Logan sent me sometime today.

I tilt my head curiously at the link to a video he sent. Without really reading the URL, I press the link and allow my phone to send me to the video.

How to kiss a girl.

I narrow my eyes and scoff as I exit the video before it even begins to play. Logan sent a simple message with the link. 'In case you need some help'

I send him a simple emoji, flipping him off before I turn my phone off and stuff it into my pocket.

Logan thinks it'd be good for me to 'move on'. As if I haven't done that already. I am moving on from Veronica. My only issue has been the idea of her. I no longer have that future wife I thought I was going to have. My life has been put on hold and I don't really know how to come back from it.

I told him I wasn't ready to start dating yet. It's only been a couple of months since it all happened. Logan said I didn't have to get out and start dating. He told me that might actually be a bad idea. Then he pointed out that he never said dating.

The conversation ended there because I told him I didn't want to talk about sex with him. He simply told me the feeling was mutual but also added that I should still consider moving on. The idea of moving on like that doesn't sound terrible. But it was also a recommendation from Logan, so I don't fully trust it.

I tried to ask Delilah about it. She told me she wasn't going to talk about sex with me either. So, I'm on my own. Because my only friends are now my brother and his girlfriend. It's not like it matters anyway. Not when it comes to Skylar. She's said it already, she won't be my rebound.

Not that I want her to be my rebound anyway. Because I don't.

With a huff, I glance out the peephole on my door weirdly. I smile and open my door back up when I see the lady has since vanished. I'm not sure if she left or just went back into her room, but I don't exactly care.

I'd rather not try to have a one-night stand with someone just across the hall from me. That doesn't sound smart. Not to mention my last one-night stand didn't work out the way I hoped it would.

I head just a couple of doors down the hall to stop in front of hers. For a second, I almost hesitate to knock. For no reason in particular. I'm starting to confuse myself with Skylar. Sometimes, she annoys the fuck out of me. Other times, I just want to talk to her. Hang out with her, even.