︎♡︎︎𝚂𝚔𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚛♡︎

Get the ball rolling. All I need to do is get the freaking ball rolling. Sounds easy, right?

Wrong. It's not easy. It's actually a lot harder than it sounds. I don't actually even know what to say, which is a lot harder to come up with even if I were to somehow come up with the courage.

I mean, should I call? Should I text? Should I even do anything at all?

Worst thing is, I don't even have anyone to ask. Christina still hasn't responded to my text from the other day, and the group chat is silent. Radio-fucking-silent.

I'm left to turn to the only girl who seems to be free and even remotely open to being my friend. Turns out, she has a nice bakery, like, thirty minutes away from me. I remember Danny telling me he loved this place and that she was really good at baking, so I decide to give it a shot while I'm there trying to figure out how I should get closer to her brother-in-law.

The girl behind the counter, probably Delilah, grins as soon as she looks up in response to the bell ringing above my head as I walk in. I smile nervously and wave. "Hi," I quietly greet as I carefully walk further in.

"Hi," She returns happily. I can't help my smile as I look down at the case of sweets in front of her. "Delilah," She introduces herself and reaches her hand over the counter.

I grin. "Yeah—Skylar." I return as I shake her hand. "You're so pretty." I laugh as I shake my head at her. "I love this." I quickly add, nodding to her apron with a couple of colorful pins attached to it.

"Thank you," She beams as she looks down at her apron. "It's really nice to meet you in person." She adds on a laugh. It feels a little weird to have talked to each other in depth on the phone but never have met in person.

"What the fuck?"

Delilah sighs as she looks over at one of her coworkers. He stares at both of us with wide eyes. "Jeremy," She whispers her warning as he slowly approaches us. I awkwardly smile at him, guessing he might recognize me. Delilah clears her throat awkwardly and looks over at me. "Anyway...You want anything?" She smiles as she gestures to the case of sweets.

I take a deep breath as I look down at the glass. "Yes, but I honestly have no clue where to even start." I shake my head with a laugh.

She smiles. "Well, from what I hear, the red velvet cupcakes are our best option." She offers with a gesture to them. I quickly nod in response, so she laughs and reaches for a glove.

Her coworker, Jeremy, slowly looms over the counter. I glance at him awkwardly while he lifts himself some to look over the counter and down at my heels. I clear my throat quietly which makes him jump. He smiles awkwardly wide at me before he gets off the counter and spins to go towards a Staff Only door.

"Um," Delilah pauses midway through getting a cupcake to look over her shoulder at the clock. She smiles and looks back down at the cupcake. "On the house." She decides as she sets a napkin up on the counter and puts the cupcake on top off it.

I blink. "Oh, thank you." I beam as I reach for it. "Are you waiting for something?" I ask curiously as I nod at the clock over her shoulder.

Delilah's eyes drift over my shoulder. She starts to smile wider. "Yeah, actually." She confirms. Before she can go on, the bell behind me rings.

"Beautiful girl!"

She grins and reaches down for another cupcake. "Hi," She hums. I look over my shoulder at a man who's grinning and strolling up to the counter beside me. I stare simply at him until he looks curiously back at me.