︎♡︎︎𝚂𝚔𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚛♡︎

They went to New York. The place I literally suggested we go before I came out here.

I pull my knees up to my chest and press my back against the pillows behind me while I slowly scroll through Christina's profile, swiping through the newly added photos. And there are a lot of them. Genuine smiles cross each of their faces in every serious and unserious pictures.

It's not like they had to wait for me to come home before they went. And it's not even like they had to invite me even if I was around. I just wish at least one of them—Christina—would've told me when I asked. I think the worst part of it all was that no one even told me they were going when I asked. They played dumb, pretending they had no idea what I was talking about.

But it's not like it's the first time it's happened, and it probably won't be the last. I guess I'm mostly just hurt this time around because Christina has never really been in on it. Only a handful of times she has, but she's always honestly told me that 'Yeah, it's just us this time around. I'll get you a souvenir'. That doesn't really feel much better though.

I glance away from my phone when I hear a loud knock on the door. I don't have time to call out before the knob is already twisting. I told him it was open and to come over whenever he felt like it. He, clearly, has taken that invitation. "Hey, you hungry?" He questions casually, like he just walked into my room in a house we share and not my personal hotel room.

"Not really." I mutter my lie. My stomach pretty much immediately gives me away too.

He tilts his head at the loud rumbling sound that comes from beneath my blanket. The highlight of my day turns out to be the slow curve of the corners of his lips after he hears it. "You sure?" He hums, unconvinced. "We could try the hotel food. I'm sure it's good." He adds as he steps further inside. He shuts the door behind him. "Or room service."

"Room service," I quietly repeat, slowly growing tempted by it. I'm not really dressed to go out even though I told him I'd be good to go if and when he came to my room. Actually, I'm wearing a shirt I wish I wasn't at the moment. His shirt.

He doesn't seem to care. "Mhm," He confirms, still stepping in further. He stops beside the bed and tucks his hands into his pockets. "What's that?" He nods to my phone.

I turn it off even though he's trying to lean in to see. "My friends went to New York." I tell him with a frown.

He watches me quietly for a moment. "And you wanted to be there with them." He assumes. I nod slowly as I set my phone down beside me. "Sorry, Skylar." His voice lowers with his apology. I only nod again in response. He's not the one I want an apology from. I don't even know if I want an apology at all. "Come over to mine, room service on me." He tilts his head to the side to catch my attention when it drifts down some.

I bite the inside of my cheek while I watch him, debating. I think I'm starting to understand the difference between us. The way we would describe our relationship, I mean. If I had to guess, I'd say if he were asked, he'd say there isn't a relationship in the first place. Meanwhile, if I were asked, I would say it's complicated. We're sleeping together while we're getting to know each other, but we're friends. I'd say that if he were to ask me out to dinner as anything else but just feeding ourselves because we're hungry, I'd go to dinner with him.

But Danny isn't going to ask me to dinner like that. Because he's on his honeymoon by himself, and he's working on something. I don't know what exactly it is, but it's something about himself. He wouldn't tell me even if I asked.

"I don't know." I quietly decide as I pull the blanket up a little further to stupidly try to hide the fact that I'm in his shirt. Right now, I don't really want to be. But a little while ago when I put it on, it sort of seemed like an okay idea. I admitted already that I don't bring men's shirts home with me after sharing their bed, so I only have a few. His is one of the few in my collection, and for now that's what I like the most about him. The fact that he cared enough to get up and offer me something to cover myself with other than the blanket is cute to me. Attractive, even.