To A Whole New World Or Time?

Kagome looked over the battlefield, dead demons and human bodies who were already half rotting away scattered the scorched earth, she held the Shikon Jewel in her hand, it was finally over.

Sesshomaru was standing next to her as he had somehow became her teacher in weaponry and movement, if it wasn't for him she knew she would have not survived the final battle.

Inuyasha stood somewhere four or five feet away holding an exhausted but miraculously alive Kikyo with a smile on his face as he looked at Kikyo.

Kagomes heart falls, she knew somewhere deep down she would never be the one Inuyasha loved but she had hoped with every fiber of her being he would to no avail.

Sango and Miroku were celebrating in the own way hugging one another as the wind tunnel disappeared from Mirokus hand, Sango cried as the monster who killed her family and village was finally dead.

Kagome put her bow on her back with her empty quiver and turned to the Demon Lord "Lord Sesshomaru may I make a request?"

The two had formed a bond of sorts while traveling, training and long talks of things Kagome didn't know about.

The Demon Lord looked at her raising an eye brow, he didn't need to speak for her to understand that he was listening, due to how much time they had together.

"Could you escort me to the Bone Eaters well?" She said in a low whisper so Inuyasha couldn't hear her, she was to drained from the battle and emotionally to fight him.

Sesshomaru nods "do you want you're kit?" The fox child had became her child over the years and Sesshomaru who know far to well after having Rin around to know Kagome wouldn't just leave without telling him.

Kagome gave a small smile "I'd like that, we can also grab Rin along the way back to Keades village then head to the well the next morning."

Sesshomaru nods "but first the wish." He looks at that cursed Jewel in her hands. He never wanted it only cowards or weaklings who wanted a fast power boost wanted it and it was never a good in the end.

Kagome looked back at the Jewel she never thought on what to wish for, she had planned to give it to Inuyasha until she found out the wish had to be unselfish to set Midoriko soul free.

This Jewel caused so much grief and carnage that all she could do was think it disappearing for good, so with that in mind she made her wish "I wish for the Jewel to disappear." In a bright pink glow the Jewel shattered in a glittery mist in her palm.

"Thank you" a voice, that Kagome recognize came from the air as the soul of Midoriko was finally laid to rest.

Kagome turned to Sesshomaru and nodded it was time, she doesn't know if she would ever be back after she leaves but she felt as if she would see some of her friends again.

Sango and Miruko look at Kagome as she and Sesshomaru left the battle field unbeknownst to Inuyasha.

"Will we see her again?" Sango asked looking upset but understood if Kagome had stay to say goodbye Inuyasha would just raise a fuss over it.

Miroku nods "yes some day we will." He looks at the women he loved "but for now let's live in the moment not the future." He spoke softly as he reassured the slayer in her current state.

Flying with Sesshomaru was so much different the on Kirara or Au-Un, the cloud Seshomaru made was so soft and fluffy on her bursed and war turn body she wanted to nap, but her anxiety kept her awake.

Arriving at the campsite, Kagome noticed the Kappa demon siting next to the fire while a small girl in an orange kimono was putting a flower crown on the two headed dragon demon,she smiled at the sight.

Sesshomaru landed on the ground near the fire startling the Kappa, who jumped to his webbed feet and staff at the ready only to lower it at the sight of his lord.

"MY LORD!" It shrieked as ot ran over to Sesshomaru only to get stepped on by said lord.

"Silence Jaken." Sesshomaru made his way to the little girl who smiled and ran to Sesshomaru and hugged his leg happily.

"Rin was worried my lord, Rin didn't want you to never come back." She looked sad while she spoke but smiled "Rin is happy you've came back!"

Sesshomaru looked at the child and patted her head "I'm sorry to have worried you Rin."

When Rin saw Kagome she rushed over and hugged her softly "lady Kagome you're here too!"

Kagome smiles hugging the girl "I am, we'll be traveling together for a few days back to my village so I can go home."

Rin looked excitedly at the news, she loved when she got to spend time with Kagome even if it was for a short time.

Once the camp was packed up and Rin and Jaken on Ah-Un, Sesshomaru formed his cloud so Kagome can fly with him and the small party flew towards the Bone Eaters well.