Recovery and Mourning

Kagome awakens late one evening, sitting up and groaning softly. Sesshomaru approaches, offering medicine and water. She looks at him, smiling gently, "Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru."

Sesshomaru nods, relieved that Kagome is awake. He takes a seat beside her, a silent presence offering support. Sesshomaru's gaze softens as Kagome bites her lip, concern evident. "Rest, there's time to discuss later," he begins, but she cuts him off. "Please, Sesshomaru," she says, dropping the title, a plea in her eyes.

Kagome's eyes fill with tears upon hearing about the losses among her new friends. Sesshomaru lowers his head, understanding the weight of the situation. The somber moment hangs in the air.

Sesshomaru, unaccustomed to such emotions, offers comfort by gently rubbing Kagome's back. Her body shakes with the overflow of sadness, and in that shared moment of vulnerability, a silent understanding lingers between them.

Tanjiro enters the room, bowing his head as he notices Kagome in tears. The acknowledgment of Sesshomaru's shared information hangs in the air, creating a solemn atmosphere in the room.

Sesshomaru breaks the silence, reassuring Kagome, "Their loss wasn't in vain. Muzan and his fake demons have been taken care of." Kagome sniffles, finding some solace in the knowledge. "Good," she whispers, a mixture of relief and sorrow in her voice.

Tanjiro walks over, taking Kagome's hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze, offering his own form of comfort. Kagome looks at him, squeezing back softly, appreciating the support in this difficult moment.

"Thank you both," Kagome says softly. Sesshomaru nods in acknowledgment, his stoic demeanor softened, while Tanjiro offers a small, sad smile in response. The room holds a shared understanding of the weight they carry.

As the tears subside, Kagome's eyes still hold a deep sadness. Sensing the need to lighten the mood, Tanjiro attempts a gentle smile, hoping to bring a moment of relief to the heavy atmosphere.

Kagome manages a smile in response, and Sesshomaru's slight smile reflects his relief that her inner light hasn't completely faded. His surprise at her remarkable display of power lingers, leaving an unspoken acknowledgment between them.

After a few more days of recovery, Kagome visits the graves, laying flowers and performing a Miko ceremony as a final tribute out of deep respect for the fallen. The somber moment is filled with a silent acknowledgment of their sacrifice.

Sesshomaru watches from a distance, respecting Kagome's solemn ceremony. He keeps a close eye, concerned that she might overexert herself as he's aware of her tendency to do so. A silent guardian, he remains vigilant while giving her space to pay her respects.

Kagome approaches Sesshomaru, expressing her hope for peace for the departed. Fighting back tears, she takes an unsettling breath. In response, Sesshomaru pulls her into a hug – a gentle yet firm embrace, offering silent support in her moment of vulnerability.

Kagome leans into the hug, finding a sense of safety and comfort in Sesshomaru's strong yet dangerous arms. The paradox of their strength, knowing it's a shield against those who would harm them, creates a moment of solace for Kagome in the embrace.

"They are at peace, Miko. Your prayers contribute to that," Sesshomaru assures her softly, allowing a glimpse of his emotions to open up to her alone. In that shared connection, a sense of understanding and reassurance passes between them.

Sesshomaru holds her close and gently, yet a quiet struggle plays out within him. His beast urges him to claim Kagome as their mate, but Sesshomaru growls in response, firmly rejecting the suggestion. The internal conflict remains hidden from Kagome in their shared moment.

The beast whines, listing every quality they both desired in a mate, and Kagome inadvertently checks off each item. Meanwhile, Sesshomaru enumerates the potential consequences, including the dishonor other lords might bring upon him, reminiscent of what happened to his father, InuTashio. The internal debate continues as they grapple with the complexities of their connection.

The beast scoffs, countering with the fact that Sesshomaru's father, InuTashio, didn't mate Izayoi traditionally; she was primarily a concubine. It emphasizes the idea that Kagome would hold the esteemed title of Lady of the Western Lands, rather than being viewed as anything less than dignified. The internal debate takes on layers of tradition and societal expectations.

Unaware of the internal debate, Kagome pulls away, feeling somewhat comforted. She suggests, "Want to get some food with me, my lord?" Sesshomaru shushes his beast and nods in response, accepting the invitation to share a meal with her.

Kagome smiles and leads the way to the now quiet food hall. The absence of Mitsuri makes the atmosphere noticeably quieter, casting a subtle somberness over their surroundings.

While eating, Kagome sighs, "I wonder if we will ever go home." Sesshomaru, sipping his tea, looks at her. He feels the weight of missing his daughter, knowing Kagome shares a similar longing for her son back in their world. The unspoken connection deepens as they share the burden of displacement.

"I'm sure he misses you too, Miko," Sesshomaru speaks softly. "Just as I'm sure Rin misses me." Kagome smiles, "I hope he's okay. Inuyasha isn't the kindest to him..." The shared concern for their loved ones strengthens the bond between them.

Sesshomaru nods, his beast restrained from its desire to harm Inuyasha for hurting Kagome's son. Kagome continues eating her meal as Giyu and Tanjiro walk in. "Hi, guys," she greets them softly, creating a momentary respite from the weight of their shared concerns.

Giyu nods with a tired but polite tone, addressing her as "Higurashi-sama." Tanjiro smiles, saying a more casual, "Hi, Kagome," but still maintaining a respectful demeanor. The varied interactions reflect the dynamics of their relationships and the different backgrounds they come from.

Kagome laughs, "Not biologically. Shippo and Rin were orphans, so we brought them in as our own." Giyu sighs in relief, "Higurashi-sama, you are way too young to have children," realizing that she and Giyu are the same age. The misunderstanding is cleared up, and the atmosphere lightens with a shared sense of relief.

After lunch, Kagome and Sesshomaru walk around, allowing Kagome to engage in more exercises. The quiet stroll offers a peaceful moment for them to share the serene surroundings and each other's company.

That's it for this chapter hope you like it there's one more left!))