chapter 1 Ek baar phir

1999 April, Ahmedabad

Ringing the bell of the temple, Naina stood infront of God joining both her hands. Pundit ji did arti for her and gave back her puja thali.She took it and came down to take an auto to her home.

It was after 10 minutes that she reached home where her father Rakesh Agrawal was waiting for her.

Rakesh : aaj School nahi jana hai kya? Subah subah mandir gayi thi, aur aaj Somavar bhi nahi hai.

Naina : Hmm aaj school ka naya session hai na toh bas chali gayi thi.Aaj mere job ka 5 saal pura ho gaya.

Rakesh looked at the her with a surprised expression and whispered : 5 saal ho gaya.

Naina kept her puja thali infront of God and offered prasad to his father.

Naina : Nasta bana diya hai maine aur chawal daal set kar ke rakh diya hai.bas on karna hai.aap din me on kar dijiyega aur khana time pe kha lijiyega.

Rakesh : Thik hai, wo main kar lunga.tum jao, nahi toh der ho jayegi.

Naina went inside her room, changed into a sari , got ready for School and within no time set off.

Naina Agrawal was a 28 year old unmarried girl who lived with her father.She had no mother since childhood and her brother Arjun Agrawal was working as an Engineer in Hydrabad.
She was a teacher of plus two in Pragati Vidya ka Mandir from where she herself had completed her 14 years of education till class 12th. It is always a special feeling to get into a teaching job in the same school, where you had once been a student. And PVKM would always remain special for her,for that was the same place where she had met a special person in class 11th and had been together till their graduation in VJN university.Those five years were life changing moments for her and also the reason for her present state.

Naina reached school and after daily formalities ,headed towards her own class, 12th commerce. on the way ,she was greeted by her collegue Anubha who congratulated her for her 5th job anniversary.Though Naina was a reserved girl and had very limited friends but in reality they were only professional friends.Being a straight forward girl with a clear heart,she did share a good bond with them, but it was only professional.In her personal life she was practically lonely and all her real friends were all settled and busy in their life and she hardly talked to them.

Naina thanked her and after sharing some light and nostalgic talks they headed to their respective classes.
.
.
.
1999 April, Mumbai

As the alarm bell rang, Sameer switched it off and pulling up the duvet went back to sleep murmuring about his inability to sleep peacefully due to his busy schedule and work load.He had hardly slept for an hour more when his househelp rang the doorbell of his 2BHK flat and he got up to open it.

Sameer Maheshwari, grandson of Jaiprakash Maheshwari was the head of Mumbai branch of his Nanu's buisness.He was 29 years old handsome bachelor on whom any woman would have drooled over.But he hardly showed interest in any of them and kept himself busy in work.
His Nanu ,Jaiprakash Maheshwari lived in Ahmedabad but would often visit him whenever they missed each other.
Sameer had completed his schooling from Nainital but came to Ahmedabad for further studies since his Nanu was getting old and being his only heir, he felt it his responsibilty to be with him.
He entered PVKM in 11th and then VJN for B.Com.After graduation his Nanu wanted him to join buisness and go for MBA in correspondence.But his dreams led him to take up MBA in mumbai and then he continued his work there by opening a branch office in Mumbai.He looked after his Nanu's buisness from Mumbai itself and had visited Ahmedabad only thrice in last 5 years.Mostly Nanu visited mumbai whenever he missed him or had any official work.

Sameer opened the door and let Kanji inside.

Sameer : Tu bhi na kanji, subah subah hi aa jata hai...soney bhi nahi deta hai.