Chapter 34 Intazar ka meetha phal

Maheshwari house was shining bright with lights and decoration.
Naina was awstruct with the beauty of the place and enthusiasm of a new shape that her life was taking aling with Sameer . As she moved ahead along with Sameer, she couldnt stop smiling .

Sameer whispered : khush ho na ?

Naina glanced at him : bahut
.
.
Sangeet event was filled with a funfill activity and musical performances by almost everyone. But Preeti preferred to stay quiet . Even Pundit noticed this but didnt say anything to her .

After the performances were over ,Nanu took everyone for dinner and the youngsters preferred to sit together seperately so that they could enjoy seperately . Sameer didnt leave Naina even for a minute ,from the time she had arrived in Maheshwari house and people left no chance to tease them.

But Sameer and Naina were proud of themselves that they stuck to each other , not only on that day but through the entire phase of life, even when they were not together physically .

Munna : Ye dekh ke acha lag raha hai ki tum dono humesha sath ho.

Sameer Naina together : aur humesha rahenge .

Sameer : Hum tab bhi sath the , jab ek dusre se dur the . Bhale hi ek dusre ki stithi se anjan the, par humara dil ek dusre ke paas hi tha .

Munna : Sameer , main tumhare sampark me toh nahi tha , par maine Naina ko zindagi se ladte huye dekha hai . Humesha uske liye bhagwan se yahi kehta tha , ki usey uske dard se mukti de . Aaj tumdono ko yahi kahunga ki tumdono ko bhagwan ne jo mauka diya hai , usey humesha sambhal ke rakhna .

Sameer held Naina 's hand and kissed her at the back of her hand and that gave others another chance to tease them and cherish their togetherness .
.
.
Everybody was happy and enjoying the night . But two people were quiet and trying to put on a mask to show that they were happy .
If Pundit observed that Preeti was quiet and hardly went on the stage , Preeti too observed that Pundit too was trying to put on a mask of smile to hide his pain and lonliness. Though he ate his food , but the love for his food was missing .

Pundit was near the food counter , instructing something to the caterer when Preeti approached him

Pundit asked hesitantly : kuch chahiye tumhe.

Preeti too said hesitantly : nahi....main thik hun.

The two stood together speechless for a few seconds and as they were thinking of moving to their respective direction ,Preeti called out Pundit .

Preeti : mujhe tumse kuch baat karni hai.

Pundit looked around and said : wo pani waley counter ke paas chal ke baat karte hai. Wahan koi disturb nahi karega.

They went to the water counter which was isolated and Pundit started pouring water in two glasses .

Preeti : Naina ki shadi ke baad , main dus din ki training ke liye ,baroda jane wali hun.

Pundit glanced at her and again brought his gaze down.

Preeti : Wahan se aane tak ,kya tum mera intzar karoge ?

Pundit jerked and looked at her shockingly.

Preeti also looked at him and gave a smile.

Pundit kept on staring at her with a questioning eye and finally asked : Tumhara matlab hai ki....tum....matlab tum...

Preeti gave a smile : Haan....main apni zindagi ko tumhare sath ek mauka dene ko taiyar hun.

Pundit : matlab tum mujhse shadi ke liye taiyar ho.