Chapter 6 [Julie]

I return home after a long, exhausting day. It was hell in disguise. Whenever I remember my excitement over joining the Redwood, I feel overly stupid. I can never imagine how much hard work I had to put in for this scholarship.

I stayed for a whole night, applying to different schools. There are so many schools out there, and I only received a call from them. I think I shouldn't have applied to them in the first place. If only I'd been aware of the harsh environment there.

I go to my room and do my favorite action-lying on the bed. My back hurts a lot from all the roaming. My headache knocks on the door of my brain. It continues for a good three hour span. I never had this much exhaustion.

My phone rings. I get up from my bed to pick up my phone. I look at the glowing screen to see if I know the caller. The name is familiar-Ash.

"Who is Ash?" I rotate my eyes to the right corner to recall this person.

I can't recall. The only way to find out who that person is is to pick up the call. But my dumbass is busy processing the situation. The call gets cut.

I dial the same number. I'm so curious to know. My curiosity will kill me one day.

The call is forwarding. Nobody is responding. I try again. The other person picks up the call this time.

"Hello there," said a male voice.

"Hi..." I pause for a while.

"Julie. Is that you?"

"Y-yes..."

"How's everything going? I was about to call you," he says.

"Is that so?" I ask confusingly.

"I know a place. Wanna catch up?" he asks.

"I-think-"

"Ok done. Let's meet at Clown's." He takes a pause. "In an hour. I'll be waiting."

He cuts the call without waiting for my answer. Is that my karma? I do the same thing with Darion. I don't give him enough time to take his turn. Most of the time, not all the time, though. I'm not that cruel.

I type in Google in the search bar and enter. I need to find the place. He should be providing a location, at least. it's obvious. He must be thinking I'm aware of the places, like all the other girls. But I'm penniless. So I don't know many places that cost me a lot of money.

I search for the place on Google Maps. It shows up in the top results. The Clown Heritage. It's a club. Why would he invite me there? I never went to such locations.

Now I have to plan the dress first. Then I should be selecting the shoes. And I can apply a little to no makeup. I need to look effortlessly pretty. That's the charm of me.

Wait. He's a stranger. I don't even know him. Maybe I knew him. But the question is whether I remember such a person named Ash. It could be a scam call.

And my dumbass has already planned the outfit for the date. Someone needs to slap my face hard so I can come back to reality.

I unlock my phone and search for Ash. I call him to ask whether he's a scammer or an actual person whom I know.

The call is forwarded. He picks up the phone.

"Hello?" He growls.

"Yes." I clear my throat. "I wanted to ask, do I know you?"

"What!" A laugh slips from his mouth. "Are you for real? We met at Coffee Express and I asked for your number. Remember?"

Damnit. How can I be so idiotic. I clearly had a conversation with him. And I forgot him already. I even had a drool dripping from my mouth staring at him.