Chapter 4

ASH POV
We were going through the dark countryside fast. I don't know what Sally was thinking, but she had her foot on the gas. I finally asked, "So you two know each other?" Grover's eyes flitted to the rearview mirror like he was looking for something. "Not exactly. I mean, we have never met in person, but she knew I was watching you two." He said.

Ok, that's not weird at all. Please note the sarcasm.
"Watching us?" Percy asked.
"Keeping tabs on you two. I'm making sure you guys were ok. But I wasn't faking being your friend, "he quickly added. "I am your friend." I asked what he was, but he said that doesn't matter right now. It kind of does when one of your best friends is half goat. He finally told us he is a satyr. He also admitted he knew about Mrs.Dodds.

When Percy pointed that out Grover told us the less, we knew the less monster we would attack. He also told us he put Mist over the humans' eyes and hoped that would trick us into thinking the Kindly Ones were a hallucination. Well, it didn't work, and we started to figure out what we were. Percy asked what he meant, and a weird bellowing noise rose up somewhere behind us. It was closer than the first time. Whatever was chasing us was dedicated.

3RD PERSON
Sally told Ash and Percy there was too much to explain and not enough time. Also that she had to get the two to safety.
"Safe from what. Who's after us?" Percy asked, trying to get answers.
"Oh, nobody much. Just the lord of the Dead and a few of his blood-thirstiest minions, "said Grover. Sally scolded him, and he apologized before asking if she could brive faster. She made a hard left onto a narrower road, raced past a darkened farmhouse, wooded hills, and PICK YOUR OWN STRAWBERRIES sings on white picket fences Percy asked where they were going. Sally answered by saying, "The summer camp I told you about." Her voice was tight because she was trying not to scare them.

Grover went on to explain that the three old ladies were the Fates. That led to an agreement that Sally cut short. She pulled the wheel hard to the right, and Ash and Percy got a glimpse of a figure she'd swerved to avoid. It was a bark fluttering shape that was lost behind them in the storm.

PERCY POV
"What was that?" I asked.
"We're almost there," my mom said, ignoring my question. "Another mile. Please. Please. Please." I don't know where we were going, but I leaned forward in anticipation. A few moments later, there was a jaw-rattling boom, and the car exploded. I peeled my forehead off the back of the driver's seat and said, "Ow." Ash peeled his head off the back of the passenger seat and didn't say anything.
"Percy, Ash!" My mom shouted.
"We're ok,"
I tried to shake the daze. We weren't dead, and the car hadn't really exploded. We'd swerved into a ditch. The driver's side doors were wedged into the mud. The roof was cracked rain was pouring in.

Lighting was the only exception. We'd been based off the road. Grover was next to me. The only problem was he wasn't moving. He had blood trickling from the side of his mouth. I shook him, hoping to wake him up. He can't die even if he's half a barnyard animal. He is still one of my best friends.

He finally groaned for food, so there is hope. I looked back through the mud spattered rear windshield to see a figure lumbering towards us on the shoulder of the road. The sight made my skin crawl. It was a dark silhouette of a huge guy, like a football player. He seemed to be holding a blanket over his head. His top half was bulky and fuzzy. His upraised hands made it look like he had horns.

ASH POV
Before Percy could ask was Sally told us to get out of the car. She then threw her shelf against the drive side boor but it was stuck. Percy tried his door with the same result. Sally told us to climb out the passenger side and run to the pine tree on the hill. It was a huge White House Christmas tree- sized pine at the crest of the nearest hill. That is the property line. Sally then told us to go to a big farmhouse in the valley, yell for help, and don't stop until we reach the door.