Chapter 6 | Operation: Sandstorm

[ 🇺🇳 ] [ <<< U.N. Security Network >>> ]

[ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx ]

[ <<< Network is being updated... please contact a technician... >>>]

[ =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= ]

A CH-53 was preparing to land with a bunch of Defiants and Valor Gunships, hidden behind the lines of the mock conflict that was ongoing. Blanks were being used of course, but the vehicles were relying on a training simulation of their sensors to mimick them being hit by certain weapons.

AV-22s, V-22s, and V-44s, handled by the USMC were flying around and deploying their forces, as Apaches also flew around hunting for European Targets.

An Apache suddenly stopped, as their sensors reported that they got hit by a microwave beam by a European vehicle. They were forced to land and simulate being shot down.

Panther IIs were driving about, their multiple turrets swinging, just before getting into a battle with an M5A2 Schwarzkopf which had begun dumping its many munitions and RWS systems at each other. An Abrams came and supported the much larger vehicle and effectively "Disabled" the Panther.

M30 Bradley-II OFMVs were providing targeting solutions for mock artillery that "took care of" the enemy.

Casemate Abrams faced off with British Challengers - their several turrets trying to deal with the American vehicle - meanwhile air support above began to cover infantry, who were playing what is pretty much government sanctioned Airsoft.

Purchasing the parts was rather cheap on the end of the participating governments since they already were apart of existing kits.

Drones, Robots, Androids also began to participate, but most of them were American for a lot of obvious reasons.

The European soldiers and Americans were admittedly having a blast doing this. The battles were broken down to the squad level and each squad were fighting against each other in a small environment. Less than 500x500 meters in size.

The soldiers tested their tactics, spotting capabilities in these games. Speakers on their guns gave off sound profiles to make it sound like actual weapons were firing. BBs can only do so much to emulate being shot out, but guns can hopefully some laser adaptors would be significant enough.

Commanders did notice that some squads were having too much fun with this system, but they were not going to do too much about it. Plus the soldiers were learning a lot about abstract tactics and seeing what they could do in various environments as they began to rotate between each designated training facilities.

The vehicles were continuing their training, now with UGVs, UAVs, and various other automated assets helping protect and test their tactics.

For the tank commanders, as they used their Thauma and their Technology given, it felt like they were playing a match from that old game called "War Thunder". Some crews were playing smartly and according to doctrine, others were dueling with tanks at close range when they weren't supposed to.

IFVs and transport vehicles began to test how quickly they can get soldiers in and out of a field, while combined arms exercises were beginning to show up, with soldiers, vehicle, and air fighting against each other.

And the U.S. Military was reporting that everything they had been pouring into for their defense budget was for naught as real results began to pour on in. Congress would be pleased, and so would the American taxpayer as Awesome American firepower began to be shown to the eyes of all the observers and even those of the defense industry which were observing.

Notes ere being taken, and the commanders continued to write own what the performance of their soldiers a re, especially as the simulators really begun and started to show up more abstract enemies. Some squads were playing against horde like enemies.

While both sides of the exercise participated in a mock game of Kievan vs Western Doctrine.

This continued well into the late afternoon of the next few days, finally ending when the European Federation decided to go home, and the U.S. Military needs to give their soldiers a well deserved rest.

The tanks began to leave, aircraft began to head back to their airbase, and the troops began to board their transports and began to head home. They were done for now, knowing that when they get back to their bases, they were going to be bored out of their minds.

Well, not everything's action, there's going to be eventual breaks in all activities.

And that includes stopping when that bell rings for people to have a little bit of food.