Chapter 9

A week or so had passed since Adriana last saw Tom at her old apartment. She had realised how stupid she was, putting Lilly in danger so carelessly.

Demetri was right, Adriana didn't care about her own safety. She didn't care wether she lived or died, that's why she always went into any job head first.

She had rented herself a new apartment, she didn't want Demetri to pay for it again. He had done enough for her since she'd known him.

He had tried texting and calling her to see if she was ok, he knew she could look after herself but with the Kaulitz twins still out there he worried.

Text

I promise this time D, if anything suspicious happens I will tell you.

I'm sorry about before, I really am.

I'm OK though I promise.

A X

That was the last text she sent two days ago and he had left her alone.

She had met up with Lilly to give her back her bike and say sorry, to which she told her to shut up.

"It was my choice to go with you Addy, Demetri was just angry because he was scared." She had said when they met.

"When are you gonna come back to the house? The boys have been asking after you, they miss you." Lilly asked, hopefully.

"I'm going to go it alone for a while I think, I have money, I have protection." Adriana replied, tapping her gun in her bike jacket pocket on her chest.

Lilly smiled weakly "Well please come see us, don't be a stranger." She said quietly.

"I know he was scared and didn't mean to say the things he did but...Demetri was right. I don't think the way you guys do, I just act before I think about the consequences. It's better if I stay away, even just for a while." Adriana said, giving Lilly a small hug and getting back on her bike.

Adriana was about to put her helmet on but stopped and turned to Lilly. "Promise me one thing." She said.

"Anything." Lilly replied, looking at Adriana with question in her eyes.

"If anything happens to Demetri, I want to be the first to know." It wasn't so much a question than a demand.

"I promise Addy." Lilly replied. Adriana nodded and put her helmet on. Lilly watched as she sped away into the night.

Demetri's plan to ambush the twins was almost ready, he hadn't told Adriana and he had sworn the rest of the gang to secrecy. He didn't want there to be any risk of Adriana getting hurt.

Liam and Danny had got in contact with Mr Guilding a few days ago to go over the plan. He didn't have any details to contact them other than when a job is done, he had to phone a number left behind when they last visited.

It was always a different number, probably for a burner phone.

"So...I send out a text saying I have their documents ready. But you want me to ask them to meet me at this address?" Mr guilding asked, pointing at the piece of paper on his desk which Demetri had written an address.

"Yes...do you need us to go over it again...in detail?" Liam sneered, showing off his favourite knife.

in detail?" Liam sneered, showing off his favourite knife