Chapter 17

"Wait....I know you..." Adriana was still in shock over what had just happened, but after her brain had processed she realised who was standing in front of her.

Bill...the man who ordered the execution of Demetri, the only man she ever really felt was a true father to her.

The man who's brother had looked after her for three days in their hometown in Germany.

The man...who just killed her father...but why?

Bill still hadn't spoken...he just stood there with his gun in his hand, his fingers gripping it so tight you could see the fight he was having in his mind.

"How did you know I was here?" Adriana was growing more and more confused as her mind processed everything.

"I came to, kill you...or at least that's what I intended." Bill stated quietly, almost whispering.

Adriana's eyes widened slightly, she should of expected this really...it was going to happen sooner or later.

"But...how did you know that I would be here? And...why did you kill my...father." She gulped as she said the word as though it burned to say.

Bill looked behind him at the dead body on the floor and back at Adriana, he looked more confused than she did. "I was watching you at the cemetery and followed the car here and...I don't know, I just saw red...I couldn't listen to him any longer."

"I mean...I am greatful. Truly I am, I was hoping he would of drank himself to oblivion by now and killed himself." Adriana replied quietly as though trying not to spook Bill who still looked so torn.

"What do you want with my brother? Did Demetri tell you to get close to him?" Bill suddenly blurted out.

Adriana was taken a back, her mouth dropped open slightly. For a second she forgot how to talk.

"No...no of course not. Tom was the one who started following me! I just...played his game back at him. Demetri actually told me to leave it...I should have listened but, I couldn't help myself." She explained, trying to catch Bill's eye but he was looking down at the dirty floor.

"I never expected what happened in Germany to happen..." Adriana stopped herself...shit. Had Tom mentioned that to him yet.

Bill's head shot up and his dark brown piercing eyes met her green, mascara smudged eyes. Going by the sudden reaction from him, Tom hadn't mentioned Germany yet.

"Germany? Wha...he took you to Germany?" Bill questioned, now he must of been more confused than ever.

"It's a long story...but, yes. He looked after me for a few days...he told you he was on a business trip." Adriana said, eye brows raised slightly in a 'oops' kind of way.