Christmas With The Punisher - Part 1

It was now early December in New York, and the majority of the city was currently covered in a layer of thick snow. In the parks and streets, children were out sledging and throwing snowballs, couples were building snowmen together, and families were out doing Christmas shopping before taking their kids to visit Santa at his grotto. The general mood of the city was jolly, but not at the Downtown Manhattan Heliport, where a small group of unscrupulous figures in overalls and coats were waiting by a helicopter for their nefarious employer to arrive. As several more minutes past, one of the men glanced impatiently at his watch.

"Sheesh, the Boss should have been here ages ago," he grumbled, shivering in the cold air and rubbing his gloved hands.

"Well, we were meant to meet him at the jail with a car when they let him out," said the second man, his expression being more nervous and apprehensive than his colleague. "He's probably having to make his way here now."

"Man, he's not going to be pleased that we forgot what time they were letting him out," sighed the third man, kicking at the snow in frustration. "Once he gets here, we better make all speed getting him to the hangout at Westchester."

"You mean the house that's being looked after by that old lady he hired?" said the first. "I don't know why he bothered getting involved with that old bat in the first place."

"Seems she's gotten herself some major inheritance," explained the second. "Only she doesn't realise it! But the Doc knows, and he wants it for himself. That's why he's keeping her around."

"Oh, I get it," grinned the first, with a cruel glint in his eyes. "And once the boss gets what he needs from her, we get rid of her!"

"Uh, I don't think that'll be the case, Jim," said the third. "I hear that the boss has become quite fond of the old bag. He's planning to marry her and keep her as his wife!"

The first man could not believe his ears. "The Boss? Getting hitched? You must be joking!"

"Shh! Keep it down, Jim!" hushed the second man urgently. "Here's the boss now!"

All three men turned and saw the familiar figure of their employer, Doctor Octopus, walking towards them, with a large coat over his shoulder and a pair of suitcases being carried by two of his mechanical arms. As the infamous supervillain drew closer, the three men could see that the Doctor was in a very bad mood indeed.

"Doc! Man, are we sorry," greeted the first man in an apologetic manner. "We wuz gonna meet ya at the jail, only we didn't know when..."

"Silence, you bumbling half-wit!" snapped Otto Octavius, as he swatted the man aside with one of his free metal tentacles. "I'm not interested in your excuses. Because of your error, I was forced to walk thirty-four blocks. Be thankful I don't make you walk thirty-four miles!"

As their colleague lay in a crumpled, unconscious heap at their feet, the other two henchman gulped nervously, hoping to avoid getting the same treatment from their furious employer