|8| Are You Serious?

"When you find yourself in a room surrounded by your enemies you should tell yourself am not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me."
- Bruce Lee

BUZZ, BUZZ, BUZZ

You were slowly awoken from your sleep as you began to hear your phone buzz beside your bed. Annoyed and with your eyes still closed, you threw an arm over to reach for it. You missed multiple times as you slapped the same spot in the dark, but you managed to grab it not bothering to look at who was calling so early.

"What do you want?" you answered.

"Try that again." He spoke.

"Hotch?" You asked, now realizing who you were speaking to.

"Mhm," he began. "We have a case and I need you here in an hour."

"But it's the weekend and I'm not even awake yet! Sir I-"

"That was an order not a question." He said, cutting you off from your whining.

"Fine." you replied, hanging up the phone.

You let out as a sigh as you sat up on the side of the bed. You took a moment just staring into space thinking about having to go into work so early. Reluctantly, you jolted yourself up from the bed to give yourself some sort of motivation to get ready. You flicked on the lights as you began your usual morning routine. As you went to reach for your toothbrush, your hand hit the edge of the sink, dropping it on the floor beside your foot.

"Fuck." You muttered, bending down to pick it up. You stopped, only to notice the light purple bruising on your stomach as you glanced into the mirror. Faint, but still noticeable, were four burn-like bruises littered across your lower abdomen. You slightly tugged at the skin trying to look at and remember what happened to make them appear. The taser. That man whom you loathed so much had left marks for fucks sake. You took in a breath as you attempted to ignore the scars across your stomach and continue on with your routine.

Once you finished brushing, you washed your face, waking yourself up with the cold water splashing on your face. There wasn't a need for much makeup today, you simply brushed your eyebrows and combed through your lashes. You contorted your hair into a partially brushed, yet neat, ponytail, taking out a few strands by your ears as well as around your face. You then stepped out into your room and walked towards your closet just by the large wall of windows. Sifting through your many options of clothes, you picked a dark red, v-neck, long sleeve top, and paired it a black pencil skirt that stopped just near the middle of your thighs. You later put on a pair of black boots and stockings for warmth.

After placing extra food out for your dog, you headed out for the day.

—---------------------------------------------------------

Once you arrived, you placed your bag on your desk and headed straight for the conference room trying to avoid any late comments from Hotch. You tried not to draw much attention to yourself as you scouted the room for an empty seat. It seemed as though everyone was waiting on Garcia to present the case since they sat facing towards each other conversing with tired looks on their faces. At least it was something to make them ignore you being late.

You took a seat beside Spencer as he was the only one not talking to anyone. He sat there reading a book with his glasses perched on the bridge of his nose. When Spencer would read inside work, it usually meant he was deep in thought. Nobody ever really knew how to figure out what it was about, but it's best to just let him be.

"Hey Reid," You said. "How are you?"

"I'm okay, not too fond of coming into work on a Sunday though. How are you? Did you have a tough time getting out of bed?'