Road Trip

"Well let's tell him." I stuck my head out into the hall, "Roy, you're coming."

Roy's head peeked out of the media room door, he looked like he wasn't sure if he should be happy or terrified about coming with us, "Really Dean? You're okay with this."

"As long as Thea doesn't try to kill us in our sleep, sure."

Roy finished walking into the hallway and grinned, "Actually I've already talked to her, believe it or not she's fine with it."

"What? How did that work?"

"Before going off with Merlyn she was having a hard time dealing with Oliver coming back from the dead yet being so distant," He returned to the kitchen and  hopped up on the counter next to the sink. "The whole secret identity thing. Anyway she got pretty heavy into drinking and drugs, Tommy, Oliver's best friend from way before the island, intervened I guess but he got killed in the earthquake. She took the club over after Tommy died, he'd been managing it, that gave her something to focus on but she was still pretty screwed up. Merlyn, asshole and killer that he was, managed to give her a whole new life for a few months, trained her, made her stronger. She told me that even though he ended up betraying her in the end that she wouldn't trade away those months, they saved her life. She knows I've been having issues with things and thinks maybe some time away would help put things in perspective."

"Huh," Sam grunted, "Well good to know we won't have to worry about her coming after us, Dean was pretty sure she'd make an idiot out of him by kicking his ass."

Roy eyed me like he was sizing me up before a fight, "I'd put my money on the 130 lbs woman, she's crazy fast and you sort of look like you're past your prime."

"Age jokes, really? Sam, this is why I don't let you make new friends. Somehow I always end up outnumbered."

"Consider it karma for being an obnoxious older brother when we were kids."

He would bring all that back up, bitch. "That was my job! All older brothers tease the crap out of their kid brothers when they're young."

Roy nodded, "Sorry Sam, have to back him on that one. I have a younger brother and I was kind of jerk to him too."

"Then watch and learn," Sam warned, "Kid brothers have learned patience and long range planning skills. We always get our revenge in the end."

"Well, if nothing else this trip will be a lot more entertaining then hanging around Oliver," Roy pointed out, "He has no idea how to relax."

I couldn't argue with that, I'm damn funny after all. "I've noticed. Well now that that's been settled, you go tell Thea bye and we'll meet you at the club in three hours. You telling Oliver too?"

"I guess I should," Roy answered as he slid off the counter top, "That's going to be a slightly uncomfortable conversation."

"Tell him why," Sam suggested, "Not as bluntly as you told us but I think he may be a lot more open to hearing what you have to say than you think. It's quiet and he has a little bit of breathing room. He won't judge you, I know that. He may scowl at you but that's probably the worst it'll be."

"Thanks guys, really."

"Sure. Oh if you don't have a grey or blue suit, get one," I mentioned.

"A suit?"

"Yeah, for when you're pretending to be an FBI agent."

"You do that?" Roy looked a bit shocked at that.

"Yup, and here you thought running around in red leather was the most uncomfortable thing you'd ever do. When it comes to that just follow our lead. It works, you just need to have the right attitude when you talk to people. Unlike you and Oliver, we hide in plain sight, no masks. Keeps you on your toes."