Arrivals

"What happened to him?" Sam asked when he spotted Jim flat on the floor.

"Roy's arm and Felicity powered tranq juice."

He spotted the dart in Jim's neck, "Nice shot. How long will he be out for?"

Roy pulled the dart out, capped it with a small piece of plastic he pulled off the bottom of the dart case that was wrapped around his wrist and stuck it in his pocket. "An hour, two at the most."

"Good, gives us time to look around, not that there's much to look at."

"Except the other three autopsy reports," Sam corrected, "Did you make sure no one else was here?"

"Taking care of that now, you read. Roy and I will be right back."

I took the garage and lower floor, Roy took upstairs but the place was clean. The garage had a Ford Focus in it but nothing else, I found the room where Jim had thrown an air mattress on the floor and a pile of clothes along with a laptop and that was it. There was one roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, a tooth brush, toothpaste and that was it. No cleaning supplies, no razors, nothing. None of which made any sense since he was listed as renting the place. I grabbed his laptop,it was on but sitting at the password protected screen. Hopefully Sam could crack it.

"What'd you find?" I asked Roy when we met back up at by Sam.

"Nothing. No clothes, nothing in the bathroom, just empty rooms."

"Even hunters don't live this bare. What the hell?"

"Guys," Sam muttered, "The other three bodies have more tats, none of them good things either. I found more photos, pre photoshopped. Not sure why he printed them out but it looks like these people are probably missing a heart, spleen and either another kidney or something in that area."

"Great. Okay I'll go grab the rope to make sure Jim can't go anywhere when he wakes up and call Coyote. See what she says." I headed out the front door while listening to Coyote's phone ring in my ear. It took four rings and it wasn't her voice that started talking.

"Dean, what's up?" Cougar asked.

"Cougar? Is everything all right?"

"Yes. I'm driving, she's sleeping. Why are you calling?"

That in itself was weird, that vision must have taken a lot out of her. "Oh okay. We got more info on the bodies. They're missing assorted parts that this guy named Jim who was working as the ME seems to have covered up. Jim's Native, we're at his place. He's knocked out for a few hours, his house is a cover, there's barely any furniture in it. The ME before Jim got the job three months ago just up and died in his sleep. Jim got the job, six weeks ago he started working his way towards the worst employee of the month award. He cleaned out the files at the morgue and was about to torch the hard copies but we stopped him. Found more tats on the other corpses, Sam says none of them are anything good. Figured I'd check in with you guys to see where we go next." It took Cougar way too long to reply.

"What's missing?"

"We know at least one kidney for sure, probably a heart, liver and spleen."

"This Jim, tie him up, gag him, cover his eyes." He wasn't suggesting. He was ordering. "Try to keep him from hearing you as well. We will be there as soon as we can."

"Care to fill me in on what's going on? We're kind of flying blind here."

"We won't be sure until she sees him."

"Uh huh, that's why both of you are coming here, not just her. Cougar, I know I haven't been around for a few years but I know she's spooked about something. She's not usually this tight lipped about things."