002

The first mission you would be sent on was in just a day but instead of preparing a trip to the arcade in the city would suffice.

Not that you were against the idea of going out but you were worried for tomorrow. But after seeing how they weren't worried, it only made you feel more at peace.

While Gojo sat on the opposite side of you, playing the same game in an attempt to beat you. Suguru stood behind him, watching as Satoru played effortlessly.

It was his idea to go at it and you weren't going to argue against Satoru. There was a small chance you could win and you weren't going to let that go.

Shoko knew exactly how it would play out but that didn't stop her from rooting for you.

Her losing streak against Satoru made her bitter, she would never deny that. Shoko watched as you were hunched over with your eyes focused on the screen.

"Don't let him win," She cheered you on.

You couldn't afford to acknowledge her comment with the stakes so high. You didn't mind that maybe she was more focused on him losing than your actual gameplay.

The game ended and before you could see the screen load up alerting you if you had one or lost, Satoru had jumped up from the seat.

The sound of his machine eliciting the cheery music that indicated he won made you groan.

"In your face!" He was already back on your side watching as yours did the opposite. The screen finally loaded with bold white letters that weren't what you wanted them to say.

"Real mature." You barked back.

Shoko leaned over wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"Come on before you guys rip each other apart." Shoko pulled you up and away. Suguru swooped in taking your seat so he could play against Satoru.

She led you away from the boys into another part of the arcade. Suguru and Satoru were a lost cause once they started up.

Satoru never took losing well so on the chance that Suguru had won, they'd be forced to go another round. Up until Shoko was forced into ripping them away from the arcade game.

Along the wall were rows of claw machines.

Shoko noticed your eyes light up so she hooked her arm through yours taking you over. Another thing she had picked up was you weren't one to be outwardly spoken.

You might've been a little stubborn and butting heads with Satoru but you never made yourself stand out. If you wanted to do something, you never mentioned it. Hoping that somehow everyone around you could read your mind.

She had no issue being the one to tug you along or be a voice for you if needed. You were her friend and that's what friends do.

Her bias played another role, having someone besides Satoru and Suguru was like a breath of fresh air.

"So, you don't regret coming here now do you?" Shoko leaned closer as you stared down at the machine reading the cost.

The question meant so much more than just the outing at the arcade but she didn't need to be so forward.

You looked up at her. Time had gone by so unbelievably fast that the last two months were a blur. You could barely wrap around the fact that just two months ago you hadn't known Shoko the way you do now.

"No, I don't but it's still not all it was cracked up to be." You gave her a soft smile. Shoko nodded her head.

She knew the real reason you were here. Your parents had given you an ultimatum and you just wanted to impress them. Even if you weren't a fan of the idea, laying down your life when you were just sixteen didn't seem like something anyone would want.