015

"Megumi will have to start training soon." In just a few more weeks Megumi would turn six.

In less than a year he's going to have a lot more on his plate than just first-grade math. Hopefully, by then he will be caught up and have no issues learning everything Satoru needed to teach him.

If he wanted Megumi to grow strong, and fulfill his end of the deal with the little boy then he needed to get to work. Though now Satoru even wondered if Megumi remembered it. His only focus had been on getting Tsumiki a better life.

Tsumiki seemed happy with the new living situation. her room decorated to her liking, the responsibilities she was burdened with before were removed. Megumi even benefited in ways that weren't mentioned. He had all the things that his sister did too.

When the original deal just guaranteed his sister's happiness, not his in exchange for becoming a Jujustu Sorcerer.

Satoru was sure that Megumi might not know exactly what he signed up for anymore.

"I know," You mumbled. Satoru couldn't tell if you were understanding his words.

"He's going to become a Jujustu sorcerer whether he wants to or not." He explained it. You remained silent.

Now wasn't the time for a discussion on Jujutsu Sorcery especially when it came about for children as young as Megumi.

You hadn't even been introduced to Jujutsu Sorcery until your teenage years and even that was damaging. Last time you tried to go up against the idea the conversation fizzled.

"You do know I'm against that now right?" Satoru hated to admit things were changing. His world was growing, with the addition of Megumi and Tsumiki.

He stared at you for any sort of response. Maybe you would lie to him and he couldn't be too sure unless he saw your face.

It was much more than just black and white now. He hated how long it had taken for him to see it. How did you feel? That was something he had yet to discover or at least make an educated guess. But it didn't matter how he felt, the deal he made with Megumi extended into the Zenin clan.

The second he failed to meet his end, Megumi would get taken and raised there. While Megumi was a bit moody and rough around the edges for a child so young the Zenin would not stand for that.

Instead, they'd break the disobedience out of him. They'd turn him into a weapon.

Satoru wasn't any better by training him to harness the powers he inherited, he'd like to think he was doing him a favor. Making Megumi strong enough to keep up with him will keep him alive. If he had to be a Jujustu Sorcerer then he needed to be the best and only he could guarantee that.

"What's changed your mind?" You asked him. Satoru was more open lately; he didn't shy away from speaking. If wanted, you to be more open and trusting him. He couldn't just expect from you, he needed to level out the playing field.

"Myself," Satoru said.

"Who would've thought?" You teased. Satoru playfully rolled his eyes.

"I think I get it." It took him twenty years to finally see the other side. To see your side and the side of his other friends. While he should've been glad he wasn't.