Twenty seven

...Trying to change the ending Peter losing Wendy

We got bailed out the next morning. Mom and Ellen went to a hot Pilates class while Jim, my dad, Quinn, Jackson, and Trevor went fishing. Luke hated fishing so he was here but let's be real, he was gonna hear about me and Jack anyway. Luke did end up sleeping later than usual- or maybe I woke up earlier than usual- because when me and Jack had woken up the house was silent and that's when we realized we were off the hook.

"Damn we got lucky" Jack chuckled as he checked everyone's location. "I'm gonna go start making breakfast" he kissed my cheek as I nodded sleepily, rolling onto my back to get a good stretch.

I was a little sore. Mainly my thighs and pelvis/ lower back. Other than that I felt really good. Really good actually. It felt like pieces were falling into place and everything was going to be ok. I couldn't wait to see what the future had in store. The progress from today, waking up feeling this good from the morning after the break up...it's insane.

I remember everything about it as much as I wished my mind would store that memory away and never let me recall it. I slept in Jackson's hotel room that night, refusing to go back to Jacks. In fact, I made Luke get my stuff from his place a few weeks later when he went to go watch a game. But anyway, the next morning after the breakup I woke up with tears crusted on my cheeks and weighed down heavy with emotion. I remember not feeling like myself. I remember staring in the mirror feeling my entire world come crashing down, terrified of what the future held, terrified if I would ever be ok again.

It's safe to finally say that I am OK again.

I forced myself out of bed to pee and brush my teeth, fixing my hair and adjusting the big tee shirt on my body in the mirror. I then ran into Luke's room and jumped on him.

"What the hell?" He grumbled, looking over his shoulder to see me. "The fuck?" He asked in confusion, shoving me off before sitting up and  staring blankly at me as he tried to figure out what I was doing here. His eyes narrowed as he finally took in my attire before he started fake gagging.

"Your such a child" I rolled my eyes at his antics.

"You legit fucked my brother last night and it's so obvious. Im sick" he cringed. "Are you guys back?" He asked after he finally calmed down from his dramatics.

"No" I quipped. "Atleast i don't know...no. Not yet" I shrugged as he  gave me a blank stare.

"Why can't you two be normal?" He grumbled, getting out of bed. "I'd that him cooking downstairs or are you doing the walk of shame"

"Me you and him are the only ones here" I grinned. "And my Lukey would never shame me" I teased, throwing my arms around my best friend who jokingly shoved me off.

"Yeah yeah" he agreed. We both made our way downstairs and sat at the island as we watched Jack cook. He appeared to be making bacon, pancakes, eggs, and I think sausage too. "If you didn't make enough for me I'm literally telling everyone" Luke told his brother.

Jack flipped him off and placed a plate in front of Luke with a fake smile. "I did you dipshit"

"Be nice to my best friend" I defended and Luke nodded, dropping an arm around my shoulders.

"Deadass. She likes me better" Luke added. I shrugged because i mean in a way he was right. Luke will always be my best friend.

"Wow I'm being ganged up on" Jack shook his head with a ghost of a smile on his lips. He set down a plate in front of me and then sat with his beside me, resting a hand on my thigh while we ate.

"Luke we have to go skate after breakfast" Jack informed his younger brother and teammate. Luke has officially been called up to Devils and will be on the opening day roster this year. So no Lukey at UMich for me anymore...