Thirteen (Elysia's POV)

(Edited)

I woke up with a dull ache in my stomach, a clear sign of hunger. I couldn't recall eating anything yesterday. After my shower, I hadn't felt well, so I'd gone to bed early, hoping rest would help. Blinking my eyes open, I noticed that the space where Tae Ho usually slept was empty. Maybe he went back to the floor, I thought.

As I tried to roll over and get out of bed, I realized I couldn't move. Something heavy was draped across my waist. My fingers instinctively reached for it, and I was met with the sensation of warm, soft skin. I froze. A tattooed arm was wrapped around me. Tae Ho's arm?

I tried turning again, but his grip tightened, keeping me in place. "I'd stay still if I were you," he mumbled in a deep, sleepy voice, the sound rough and undeniably sexy. My heart raced as his words sent a rush of warmth to places I didn't want to acknowledge.

"Uh... okay?" I stammered, unsure of what else to say. Panic bubbled up inside me, not knowing why I wasn't allowed to move. My pulse quickened, and I became hyper-aware of his presence so close to mine.

A few minutes passed, and I finally felt him shift beside me. That's when I realized why I wasn't supposed to move. My eyes widened in shock, and I scrambled to the other side of the bed, adrenaline coursing through me.

"Whaaa. Did you need to do that?" I exclaimed, my face flushing with embarrassment.

"I told you to stay put," he replied, rubbing his eyes with a lazy smirk. His voice was thick with sleep.

"I didn't move! You did!" I shot back, flustered. I grabbed my things and started heading toward the bathroom, needing some space—and maybe a shower to clear my head.

"You seem to be feeling better than yesterday," he said casually, as if we weren't just talking about his... situation.

"What do you mean by that?" I paused, turning back toward him.

"You were sick. You had a fever, and when I tried to leave, you grabbed my shirt and begged me to stay." He sat up, resting against the headboard, watching me.

"I did what?" I blinked at him, trying to recall anything from the previous night. I remembered feeling tired and unwell, but nothing beyond that.

"Ask Maria," he said confidently, a small smirk playing on his lips.

Maria? She was there too? Why hadn't she stayed with me instead?

"I'll ask her later," I muttered, my mind spinning. Without another word, I disappeared into the bathroom, needing to collect myself.

I couldn't stop thinking about Tae Ho's tattoos. They were stunning, covering his arms in intricate designs, flowing down to his wrists. I'd read somewhere that tattoos were still somewhat taboo in Korea, and it surprised me to see them on him. But then again, Tae Ho didn't seem like the type to follow anyone's rules but his own. I glanced at my own tattoo, hidden beneath my sleeve. No one here knew about it, not even back home. Only my family had seen it, and Tim.

I decided on a quick shower, needing to feel refreshed before heading to the kitchen. By the time I stepped out, smelling of flowers and with my hair freshly braided, I felt more like myself. Tae Ho was still in the room when I emerged.

"Are you still here?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

"Of course. The last time I left, you had a fever. I want to make sure you're fully recovered." He stood up and walked over to me, his eyes scanning my face. He reached out, brushing his hand across my forehead, and smiled softly. "How are you feeling?"

"Starving," I admitted truthfully, and as if on cue, my stomach let out a loud growl.

"I'll get ready quickly. Wait for me. I don't want you fainting in the hallway." And with that, he rushed into the bathroom.