Twenty-Seven (Elysia's POV)

(Edited)

On the flight back home, Tae Ho and I were seated directly across from each other. It was pure coincidence, but it felt like fate was tempting us. I tried not to stare at him the entire flight, but it was hard not to, especially when every glance at him sent me back to the night he returned. The way he made my body come alive, the way he knew exactly how to bring me to the edge and pull me over—no one had ever done that before.

I looked into his eyes, but my attention wavered when he licked his lips. My heart raced, and I pressed my thighs together, trying to find some relief from the ache building between them. It was impossible to shift too much, though, with Maria asleep next to me, her head resting on my shoulder. Tae Ho caught my reaction, and a subtle smile played on his lips. He knew what he was doing to me, and as if to add fuel to the fire, he spread his legs a little wider, leaning back with a casual confidence.

I quickly averted my gaze, pretending to look out the window. But outside, all I saw was darkness.

"Elysia," Dina called my name, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Yes?"

"Finally. I've been calling your name for a while. What were you thinking about?"

"Oh, nothing, just going over the trip in my head," I lied. There was no way I could admit I'd been fantasizing about everything I wanted Tae Ho to do to me.

"Perfect timing, we were talking about that. What was your favorite place?"

I had no idea what the others had been saying, so I made a quick guess. "The mosque. It was stunning, both during the day and at night."

She nodded in agreement, and the conversation carried on. I glanced at Tae Ho, who was smirking as if he knew I was lying. I tried to hide my smile and focus on the discussion, though my mind was still somewhere else.

As the plane quieted down, I couldn't help but sneak glances at Tae Ho again. His legs were still spread in that typical, confident male posture, and with Sam Cha now sleeping in a reclined seat, Tae Ho was left alone. I looked around to make sure no one was paying attention—most of the others were asleep or distracted by movies or their phones. Tae Ho was typing something on his phone, but when I caught his eye, there was a mischievous gleam in his gaze.

"What are you looking at?" I mouthed silently, hoping he could read my lips. His answer was clear. He ran his tongue slowly over his lower lip and then glanced down between my legs before looking back at me with a smoldering intensity.

I felt a rush of heat wash over me, and my mouth went dry. I licked my lips without realizing it, and I saw his pupils dilate in response. My body reacted before my mind could catch up. The place between my legs ached with a need I hadn't felt in so long.

He shifted slightly, drawing my attention downward. His erection was becoming more obvious, barely hidden beneath his T-shirt. My face flushed, and my mind raced. The others were asleep, but what if they woke up? The thrill of potentially getting caught sent a fresh wave of arousal coursing through me.

I glanced back at Tae Ho, who was watching me with that same knowing smile, and my heart skipped a beat. He was enjoying this far too much.

Suddenly, Maria let out a loud snore, startling me and causing me to jolt in my seat, waking her in the process.

"Are we there yet?" she asked groggily, her voice louder than necessary.

"No, not yet," I whispered, relieved by the distraction. "Could you move over a bit? I need to use the restroom."

Maria shifted, letting me pass, and I quickly stood, casting one last glance at Tae Ho. His smug grin told me everything I needed to know: he was enjoying this little game far more than I was ready to admit.