Seven (Tae Ho's POV)

(Edited)

Damn... How long had she been standing there? I hadn't noticed her at first, my focus drawn to the sun as it bathed the garden in golden light. The peaceful landscape had been a perfect distraction until I caught sight of her.

In all the years of our fame, no woman had ever gotten under my skin the way she did. Elysia. There was something about her—something that defied my expectations. Despite her mature demeanor, she challenged my perceptions. It had been less than 12 hours since we arrived, and already, my resolve to maintain celibacy was faltering. She wasn't like the women I was used to. Normally, I gravitated toward those who wore makeup even when lounging at home—women who exuded effortless style. Elysia, on the other hand, wandered around in sweatpants, which normally would've been unbearable for me. But somehow, she intrigued me more than anyone else in that room, even with her simple appearance. It wasn't just about looks; it was the mystery she carried.

I didn't know what lay beneath those sweatpants—curvy, slim, delicate, athletic? The uncertainty only fueled my curiosity. And the fact that she didn't recognize our band? That was a blow to my ego. It's not that I expected everyone to know who we were, but there was something about her indifference that made me want to leave an unforgettable impression.

I turned back to the garden—a beautiful, meticulously landscaped scene of vibrant flower beds, perfectly manicured lawns, and shady pathways lined with jasmine and magnolia trees. A fountain trickled in the distance, promising a peaceful retreat in the summer months. I could already picture myself walking those paths.

Footsteps approached, and Ji Soo appeared at my side, casually draping his arm over my shoulder as we both admired the view. Ji Soo, the wise one in the group, always had a childlike spark that managed to lighten any mood.

"What a beautiful garden," he said, his eyes shining with excitement. "I can already see us playing football here."

I laughed, grateful for his light-heartedness. "Yeah, that would be something."

Ji Soo's playful side emerged as he shifted the conversation. "So, what do you think of our lovely group of ladies?" he teased, his voice dripping with amusement.

"It's too early to form an opinion," I replied, shrugging in an attempt to seem indifferent.

Ji Soo raised an eyebrow, clearly not buying my casual response. "But surely you've got some thoughts on Elysia, right?"

"No, not really," I said quickly, hoping to sound detached, but my voice betrayed me.

Ji Soo wasn't fooled. "Are you trying to convince yourself or me?" he asked, a knowing smile tugging at his lips.

"You," I muttered. "I'm confident I have no opinion about her."

Ji Soo chuckled, knowing he'd caught me in my lie. "Come on, let's join the others. The girls will give us a tour while Elysia works her magic in the kitchen."

I hesitated for a moment, torn between wanting to stay near her and maintaining my distance. "Yeah, the tour sounds perfect," I agreed a little too quickly, trying to play it cool.

Ji Soo raised an eyebrow, his smirk playful. "Ah, the famous chef who won't cook twice in a row despite loving it. Seems like she's already getting to you," he teased.

As we started the tour, we found the home gym—a luxurious space outfitted with everything I could want. Though I had my own gym at home, this one was on another level. As we walked down the hallway, I noticed the evidence of recent construction. The hallway led to five private bedrooms, presumably ours, though we hadn't been granted access yet.

We soon reached the women's shared room. One bed was neatly made, while the others were thrown together in a more hurried fashion. Yeong, always quick to make a joke, couldn't resist. "Whose bed is this? Maybe she'll make mine too," he quipped, making the ladies blush.

"It's Elysia's bed," one of them answered with a smile.

Her name echoed in my mind, and a surge of heat rushed through me. Luckily, I could hide the evidence of my thoughts beneath the long sweater that hung past my hips. A man can have up to 11 erections a day without any particular reason—surely this was just one of those times.

As the tour wrapped up and we returned to the living room, a mouthwatering aroma filled the air. The scent brought back memories of earlier, when I had almost collided with Elysia. The intoxicating smell of her perfume still lingered—luxurious jasmine mingling with creamy vanilla, with a hint of musk that added depth. It was alluring and dangerous.

I tried to focus on the others, but my mind kept drifting back to her. The memory of her pinned against the countertop, her body tense beneath my arms, kept replaying in my head. And then, she had pushed me away...

Around me, the band members were getting to know the women. Maria, in particular, seemed to be close to Elysia. Despite the chatter, one sentence from the kitchen broke through the noise.

"Food's almost ready," Elysia called, and the women jumped up, hurrying to set the table. They passed us cutlery and plates, and we all helped, making sure the table was prepared before Elysia brought the food.

As she walked into the room, I couldn't stop staring. But just like before, she avoided my gaze, and I couldn't shake the feeling of unfulfilled curiosity.

The meal she had prepared was simple yet extraordinary. A beautifully cooked fish with a crispy sesame crust, udon noodles, avocado, red onion, and a dressing that hinted at something magical. Each bite was a perfect balance of textures and flavors. It was a feast fit for royalty.

The others complimented the food, and Imani offered us wine. Despite my usual preference for whiskey, I accepted a glass. Chan Woo, ever the wine enthusiast, couldn't resist commenting on the selection.

"Who picked the wine?" he asked, his tone curious.

"I did," Elysia replied, her interest piqued. "What do you think?"

"It's a good choice, but I think there's a wine that might pair even better with this meal," Chan Woo said thoughtfully.

Elysia's eyes brightened with curiosity. "Do you know a lot about wine?" she asked, clearly intrigued.

"Not an expert, but I've tasted enough to know what works," Chan Woo answered modestly.

As their conversation continued, I felt an unwelcome pang of jealousy. There was an ease to their interaction, a connection forming that I couldn't ignore. I downed the rest of my wine in one gulp and stood to take my plate to the dishwasher. I hated feeling jealous—especially of one of my bandmates. He didn't deserve that.

I needed space, so I stepped outside to the porch and scrolled through social media on my phone. Of course, I couldn't use my real account, so I had a fake one, complete with a profile picture of a sunset in Hawaii. That vacation had been a desperate attempt to find inspiration. So far, it had been one of the most beautiful sunsets I'd ever seen—and one of the least inspiring.

A while later, Sam Cha joined me on the porch.

"Well, this trip could've been worse," he said, breaking the silence.

"How so?" I asked, only half-paying attention.

"Could've been bad food and annoying, ugly women," he said, counting off his fingers. I laughed, appreciating his positive outlook. He was right—it could've been much worse.

"That's true," I agreed, feeling a bit more relaxed.

We sat outside for hours, talking about our favorite concerts, countries, and foods. The heater nearby kept us warm, and the conversation flowed easily.

When we finally decided to go inside and call it a night, we realized we were the only ones still awake. It was nice to end the day on such a relaxed note.

As we walked toward our rooms, I spotted Elysia leaving the kitchen. She looked directly at me until Sam Cha appeared beside me. She wished us both a good night, flashing a mischievous smile before walking away.

So much for a peaceful night.