Twenty-Two (Elysia's POV)

(Edited)

"Alright, let's begin," Sam Cha said, clapping his hands, signaling that the game was officially starting.

"Who's spinning first?" Imani asked.

"I will, since I'm not allowed to kiss anyone," I said, glancing playfully at Ji Soo. "You can at least grant me that, right?"

"That seems fair," Ji Soo said with a smile.

I laughed, grabbed the bottle, and spun it. The bottle landed on Maria.

"What should the person on the opposite side of the bottle do when it lands on Elysia?" Maria asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Also drink," I answered before anyone else could chime in. "Seems the fairest."

"Alright, bottoms up!" Maria said, and we both downed our drinks in one go.

I hoped the bottle wouldn't land on me too often; I didn't want to get drunk too quickly or risk my liver giving up on me. The game progressed, with the bottle occasionally landing on others. There were a few awkward but amusing kisses—modest at first, even between the guys. Tae Ho, however, opted for a drink each time the bottle landed on another man.

"Another 15 minutes, and we'll start the last game," Ji Soo announced.

"I'll set a timer," I said, pulling out my phone. The atmosphere was relaxed, and most people were visibly drunk. Tae Ho had kissed a few women by now, and each time, he would watch my reaction closely. I thought it would bother me more, but strangely, it didn't. I only wondered how his lips would feel. The kiss between Damru and Chan Woo, though, seemed more intense. Their connection felt longer, or maybe it was just the alcohol making everything seem slower. When Maria spun the bottle and it landed on Tae Ho, my breath caught.

This combination hadn't come up all night.

Tae Ho glanced at me, then at Maria. She hesitated for a moment, then looked at me as if asking for permission. I nodded slightly, signaling that she should go ahead. It was a game, after all and he wasn't mine. And as a huge fan of the band, Maria wasn't about to pass up this opportunity. Tae Ho looked back at me one last time before leaning forward.

Their faces came together, and I felt my heart pound harder in my chest. Everyone around us started cheering as Tae Ho placed a hand on the back of Maria's head, pulling her in closer. The kiss seemed more intense than the others, almost heated. I wasn't sure if tongues were involved, but the warmth in my body spiked.

When they finally pulled apart, the room erupted in applause. I clapped too, forcing myself to smile, but the feelings that rose in me were more complicated than I expected. Was I jealous? I avoided looking at Tae Ho. I was afraid of what he might see in my eyes—something I wasn't ready to confront.

"Is it just me, or did it suddenly get hot in here?" Maria said, fanning herself dramatically, trying to cool down. "I've kissed them all!" She raised her hands in the air, her smile beaming like she had just won a prize.

"Now that was hot," Yeong said, pressing a cold bottle against his neck.

We took another break, this one longer. Everyone needed help getting to the bathroom, and I used the time to clean up the empty bottles, my coordination still somewhat intact despite the alcohol.

As I was gathering bottles, Tae Ho appeared beside me, silently helping. We both stood at the top of the staircase, arms full of bottles, staring down the steps.

"Think we should leave them here or risk breaking a leg?" Tae Ho mused, eyes locked on the steep staircase.

The kiss between him and Maria played on a loop in my mind. I wasn't upset, but I couldn't shake the thought of what it might be like to kiss him. Would it be gentle? Intense? Passionate? I shook my head to clear the thoughts.