10

6 months later
Jamie's POV
"Mama!" I call as I waddle into the firehouse
"Jae! What are you doing here?" Mom runs over
"I was bored at home and on the bus I started getting some back pain." I sigh and she helps me in and I sit down, resting my hand in my stomach.
"What type of pain?" Mom asks
"Dunno." I shrug as a pain radiates through my back and stomach, "Ahh!"
I double over in pain
"You ok?" Mom asks protectively
"I don't know." I groan as I feel a splash, "nope. She's coming."
"Alright! Brett! Get in here! Matt!" Mom calls
Brett and Dad run in.
"Ahhh!" I groan in pain again
"Matt, carry her to the Ambo, you ride along with me in the back. Sylvie! Drive!" Mom chucks keys to Brett.
Dad lifts me up and carries me to the ambulance. He lays me on the gurney and mom hops in. Brett starts driving us to med.
"Mommy!" I cry in pain
"What's wrong?" She asks
"Somethings not right." I sob
She looks down to my legs and so do I. I see a lot of blood.
"Brett! How long?" Mom asks, "she's hemorrhaging!"
"Pulling up now." Brett replies
"Kay." Mom replies
It all goes black.

Gabby's POV:
As Brett opens the doors, Jamie's head falls to the side and the heart monitor stops. I jump on the bed and start chest compressions. Bret and Matt run us in. I continue compressions.
"18 year old female, 9 months pregnant, water broke. started haemorrhaging 2 minutes ago and heart stopped." Brett explains
Dr Halstead slides his hand where mine are and I jump off. Mat holds me in his arms as we walk into the waiting room.

Jamie's POV:
When I open my eyes I'm in a room and I see a bassinet beside me with a baby wrapped in pink. A doctor walks in. Dr Manning
"Oh Jamie. You're awake." She smiles
"What happened?" I ask
"You suffered a placental abruption. The girl is okay though." Dr manning smiles
"Can I hold her?" I ask
She nods and lifts up the baby girl. She is laid in my arms.
"You have a name?" Dr manning asks
"Uh, Caiscys Gabriela Casey, I'm gonna call her Cay for short." I smile
"Beautiful. Your mom and Dad are just grabbing a snack from the cafeteria. You've only been out for 6 hours. You did have a cesarean." Dr manning tells me as the door slides open.
"Jamie!" Dad smiles
"Daddy! I did it!" I smile, "mommy!"
"Yeah Baby," mom kisses my hair
"Caiscys Gabriela Casey," I smile as she turns a bit fussy, "oh CayCay!"
I realise she's probably hungry so I get mom to help me undo the gown and I breastfeed her. I finish and cuddle with her. I call Liv. She answers.
"Hey Jamie!" She answers
"Look. I've delivered a baby girl!" I chuckle
"Wow baby, that's amazing! What's her name?" Liv asks
"Caiscys Gabriela Casey." I smile
"That's pretty!" Liv smiles, "well I have to go honey. Talk later. Love you Jae."
"Love you too Livvie!" I end the call.
I am allowed to get out of bed so I walk around softly with Cay. I'm then discharged along with Cay and Mom and Dad take me home. I walk inside and go into Cay's nursery because mom and Dad had to go back to work. I lay Cay in her crib propped up on pillows. I take a photo or two and post it on Insta.

@JayJayCasey

@jayjaycasey: welcome to the world my beautiful baby girl, Caiscys Gabriela Casey

*comments turned off*

I then set up the baby monitor and walk downstairs. I make myself a snack and eat it. I sit on the couch. Soon the door opens and in walks Leah with Louie and Audrey. Audrey is almost 2 now!
"Hey guys," I smile
"Sissy!" Louie yells
"Shhh! Quieten down Louie, baby Cay is sleeping." I whisper
"You had your baby!" Louie smiles
"Congrats Jamie," Leah smiles
"Thanks." I reply and she leaves.
At that moment Cay starts screaming.
"I'm coming Cay." I sigh and get up off the couch.
I walk upstairs and open her door. I walk in and lift her up.
I walk back downstairs, rocking her softly.
"Is dat her?" Louie asks
"Uh huh." I whisper as Cay keeps crying, "shhh! Shhhh! I know, you're hungry! Lou, go upstairs to her nursery and get one of the thin blankets on her dresser please?"
He walks upstairs and comes back down with it. I lay it over my shoulder and Cay and slide off the edge of my shirt. I feed her. She finished and I fix up my shirt and remove the blanket. I burp her and cuddle on the couch with her. Soon mom and dad walk in.
"Louie James, I hope you weren't annoying Jamie, she just had her baby," mom smiles
"No, he's been a big helper. He went and got a feeding blanket for me." I smile
"Good job buddy," Dad smiles, "can I have a hug!"
Louie runs and hugs dad. I chuckle softly. It gets late so we have dinner after I put Caiscys to bed. I then head to bed.