Crush Number Six

"Hey, Quinn! Wait up!" Sara came running up to me. 

"Hey, Sara, what's up?"

"Just finished Spanish class," She smiled, her warm brown eyes flashing. "You headed to lunch?"

"Yeah."

"Cool, we can walk together."

Before I tell you the rest of the story, there's some things you should know about Sara.

First of all, she's my best friend. She's really smart, and nice, but super scary when she's angry. And if there's something she wants, she won't take no for an answer. Not unless that no involves chocolate. 

She has too little brothers who are super sweet but she claims are devil spawn. I've never seen them do anything vindictive or even mean, but Sara claims they're the reason she won't let anyone near her secret candy stash.

Second of all, she's my sixth crush. She hasn't been on the list long, only three months. We've been friends since we were eleven. It wasn't until the other day when we were hanging out and I realized I had been crushing on her hard.

It's weird, lately I feel like I have a crush on anyone my age. My list has grown to fifteen people.

In a way, I'm strangely proud of how long it is. And also, it's incredibly embarrassing, like I'm needy for a relationship or something.

"You want to come over after school? Do some studying?" Sara asked.

"Why not?" 

She smiled, and we rounded the corner to the cafeteria.