5. A FREAK

I passed through the campus yard to the parking lot where Warren was waiting for me. Just as I reached the stairs close to the first car in the parking lot, I could already find Warren standing in front of the blue car, looking down pretending not to see me.

As I passed the first brick-red car, its window had the same poster I had been seeing all day. Rachel Amber posters. Who the hell put these all over Arcadia Bay? They must be very serious about spreading this poster. At least Rachel Amber has someone who cares about her...

Before I headed straight to Warren, Juliet, who was sitting on the side of the parking lot, was very annoyed and was talking to herself on the asphalt.

"I can't believe Zach and Victoria did this to me!"

She's definitely still upset about Zach and Victoria. Well, I don't blame her.

"I'm sorry you had to find out about Zachary that way...or any way," I said.

Juliet looked up. "Better sooner than later. Now that bastard Victoria won't be laughing behind my back anymore."

"Have you talked to Zach?"

"Mr. Badass Football Hero is such a bastard. He said he sexted Victoria as a joke. Ha ha." Her laugh was painful. Then she glanced at Warren on the other end who was apparently watching us.

"Max, come here!" Warren shouted while waving at me.

"I think Warren wants your attention," Juliet said.

"As always... Hang in there, Juliet."

"See you, Max."

Then I walked over to Warren who was smiling to himself when I approached.

I took the flash disk out of my trouser pocket, realizing too late that he was stretching his arms out to hug me, it created a strange timing and he had to cover it up by stroking his own back hair.

"Uh, here's your flash disk. Thank you," I said as I handed it over.

"Does not matter." Warren shifted slightly. "Look at my new car, Max!"

A blue car he was leaning against that looked not new but used, but quite nice too.

"Very cool! Old school style, huh?"

"1978, to be exact. Now we can go to the drive-in. There's one in Newberg, only sixty miles away."

"You're at the wrong time, Warren. But, so am I..."

"You okay, Max?" He immediately studied my face closely, making me feel awkward and look down. However, it is very difficult to hide anything from Warren.

"It's a strange day," I said.

"I bet. I heard Victoria got paint... I'd pay money to see her picture..."

"Really? I wish I would have known.

"You could probably raise Kickstarter funds just for one picture of her covered in paint."

I'm laughing. "I wish I knew... By the way, Victoria deleted my photo. So the drama ended well."

"Oh yeah? And... By the way, I saw Daniel's sketch of you online... Not bad, but I could do a much better job."

"You can draw? I thought you were blinded by science, not art."

Warren laughed. "Art IS Science. Music is math, and so on, and so on. I'd put Stephen Hawking up against Picasso any day."

"Hardcore. So you have to use a computer to draw."

"Sure. I wanted to tweak one of your selfies with some cool graphics."