34. HARD CHOICE

I managed to reach myself in reality.

Chloe and I fell to the ground. The lighthouse was behind us.

"Max? Max, can you hear me? Please say something."

My head was dizzy and the ground I was standing on felt like an earthquake, but when I heard Chloe's voice, I forgot all that. I even destroyed time and space just to bring her back from the dead... My best friend. Chloe.

How could this not be some kind of fate? Even though we are opposites in many ways, we are also very similar. We will always be pirates in spirit and we will always want to take on the world...

I like to think Chloe and I are here to always support each other.

Best friends forever, right?

There is no greater feeling of relief after waking up from a vivid nightmare. Despite all the bad things that happened this past week, I felt so free and full of hope when I finally woke up. And my nightmares were so vivid... all my fears about being an artist, about my ability to replay, and, of course, about my partner in crime and time, Chloe Price.

We've been through so much together and we'll probably go through a lot more, depending on how this all ends...either in Heaven or Hell...

"Chloe? I... I must have passed out... Sorry," I said weakly. My voice was nothing compared to the roar of thunder in the sky.

"Oh, thank goodness... Don't ever do that again, okay?"

"I swear...but that nightmare was so real...so scary..."

Chloe grabbed my arm and we stood up.

In front of me, a deadly tornado was heading towards the city. My body shivered again. My tears were washed away by the rain and I gasped for air.

"This is my storm. I caused this... I caused all of this. I changed fate and destiny in such a way that... I completely changed the course of everything. And all I actually created was death and destruction!"

Chloe held my shoulders and turned me to face her. "To hell with all that, okay? You were given the power. You didn't ask for it... and you saved me. Which had to happen, all of this happened... except what happened to Rachel. But without your power, we wouldn't have found her! "Okay, so you're not a Time Lord, but you are Maxine Caulfield... and you're amazing. Max, this is the only way."

Chloe handed me a photo of a blue butterfly taken by me on the first day of this crazy week.

My hands shook to receive it. "I feel like I took this picture a thousand years ago."

Luckily my polaroid photos are waterproof. The quality is still as good as it has been since it left my camera.

"You... You can use that photo to change everything back to when you took that photo... All it takes is... to..." Chloe held my face in her hands.

My eyes widened when I knew what she meant. "Fuck! No... no way! You are my number one priority right now. You are my everything."