*13*

After that interaction, and once the induction period was over, Denis took me and Raven, who I ran into later, to tour the building, I did my best to memorize all the floors, the classrooms, the auditoriums, the library, the hallways, even the bathrooms, after that Denis said goodbye, leaving me alone with my friend, we looked for Kaden and Maia and as soon as we found them we agreed to go eat somewhere, Kaden insisted that we try the college food court but Maia refused and forced us to go eat fast food, we walked to the center of the city and ate a giant pizza while we talked about our day, Kaden told us that he met three classmates, Raven met a very nice teacher who would give her classes and well... Maia couldn't stop talking about the girls she met at the induction, I told them about the party and even though Kaden flatly refused with the excuse that "he was a serious man and serious men don't go to college parties" Eventually we agreed to go anyway. After that, I took a bus, I arrived home exhausted, I ignored the presence of Ava and her screaming son, I went up to my room to find my dad who was just about to go down the stairs.

Dad: You're home so soon?

I tilted my head and smiled.

Yn: Yeah? It was just the first day, classes don't start until tomorrow

Dad: Oh yeah! Right, so how was it?

I shifted my weight from one foot to the other.

Yn: It was... fun, It's very different from high school

Dad: Yeah? How?

I could tell he was trying to make conversation, but it felt forced.

Yn: For starters the campus is huge, it's gonna be a fifteen-minute walk from my classroom to the nearest bathroom

Dad raised an eyebrow, clearly trying to show interest, but I could tell he was grasping at straws for conversation topics.

Dad: Did you make any friends?

Yn: Uhm, yeah I met this guy...-

Dad: Oh be careful though, you don't want to make Albert jealous

He jokingly said, my stomach dropped as I remembered my dad literally didn't know Albert and I had broken up, my smile faded.

Yn: Dad-

Dad: Oh you know I'm joking, being jealous isn't healthy

Yn: ...Dad-

Dad: Albert isn't the jealous type though is he?

Yn: Dad-!

Dad: He's very calm right? Like a really calm and understanding boyfriend

Yn: We broke up!

I shouted my words lingering in the air for a few seconds as my dad's face dropped, I rolled my eyes.

Dad: What?! W-Wh- How?! Why?! When?!

Of course I knew it wasn't my dad's intention to make me feel bad or remind me of everything that had happened, but I was tired, I was annoyed, I lost control.

Yn: If you ever paid any attention to me you would know

I scoffed and walked up to my room, slamming the door, I dropped my backpack and furiously laid down on my bed, I stared at the ceiling and closed my eyes in frustration.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from the "first day" of college but it didn't meet my expectations, I was disappointed with how boring it all was, with how I couldn't match my friend's excitement.

I need therapy.

My negative thoughts were interrupted by my phone buzzing, I ignored it for a minute or two until the vibrations became uncontrollable. I reached for my phone and unlocked it.