+24+

The next day I woke up by the sound of knocking on my door, I frowned and checked the time on my phone.

11:06 am, September 31st.

I groaned as I got out of bed and headed to unlock my door to find my dad carrying a monumental bouquet of all kinds of flowers, it was so colorful and disbalanced that it made my eyes hurt.

Dad: These are yours

I frowned in confusion as he handed me the heavy bouquet.

Yn: You got these for me?

Dad: No, not me

I checked the card.

"For my doll, for your smile

-Mark"

Oh.

Yn: Oh!

Dad: "Oh"? Why is your friend Mark sending you flowers like this?

I took a deep breath as I realized that I never told my dad about my "New Boyfriend", he was just too busy with Ava and I was too busy making out with said boyfriend.

My dad raised an eyebrow, waiting for an explanation as the awkward silence stretched between us like a rubber band about to snap.

Yn: I uh-... You know Mark, right?

Dad: Yes I know him, the tall and loud one yeah?

I nodded.

Yn: Yeah we uh-

Dad: ...

Yn: We're kinda like-

Dad: ...?

Yn: We're dating

Dad: Huh?!

Yn: Yeah

Dad: Dating?! Since when?!

Yn: We've been together for a few weeks-

Dad: WEEKS?! He's sending you monumental bouquet of flowers when you've only been dating for a few weeks?!

When he says it like that it does sound a bit desperate and creepy.

Yn: ...Yeah- Well Mark's just really sweet, a hopeless romantic, you know?

Dad: And you didn't bother telling me about this?!

Yn: I didn't want to make a big deal out of it

Dad: It is a big deal! What about Al-

Yn: SHHH-

Dad: Yn-

Yn: Dad don't start, you know Albert and I broke up, you know very well

Dad: I don't know why though! I liked Albert

Yn: So?

Dad: So you owe me an explanation

Yn: I owe you an explanation? You owed me one as to why the heck you started dating Ava and but I didn't force you to give me it did I?!

My facepalmed himself and groaned in frustration.

Dad: There you go making drama about Ava again... Not everything has to be about her you know?

Yn: Oh I know but do you?

Dad: ...What is that supposed to mean?

Yn: I don't know you tell me, you've only just noticed I'm dating someone, guess someone needs to pay more attention to their daughter