*21*

The truth is, I don't know why despite so much discomfort in the depths of my stomach I didn't have difficulty sharing Mark's joy, who spent his time hugging me and placing kisses on my cheeks, I just limited myself to smiling and returning his kisses.

Half an hour later Mark drove me back to my house, where I got out and walked towards the entrance feeling strange.

As I played with my keys before opening the front door I realized that Ava's car was not parked near which would mean that I could sit in peace in my room to immerse myself in the ramblings of my decision without Milo's interruption.

I walked through the door to see my frustrated dad in the kitchen talking on the phone, he noticed my presence and frowned at me.

Now what?

Dad: I'm telling you ma'am! I've been robbed!

I frowned confused and stepped closer, I listened carefully.

Yn: ...?

Dad: What do you mean there's nothing you can do?! I-... Yes I have the card with me but-... Hello?! Hello?!

He hung up the phone with a groan, I tilted my head.

Yn: Who was that?

He crossed his arms around his chest.

Dad: The bank

Yn: The bank? What happened?

Dad: Someone used my credit card and wasted five hundred dollars on clothes online on some "Shein" website

Oh that's gonna take a toll on the planet.

I couldn't help but chuckle.

Yn: So your card was stolen?

Dad: No! I have my card here-

Yn: But did you input your card information somewhere lately?

Dad: Yn what do you mean? You know I have no clue how to shop online!

Yn: Hm... That's weird

Dad: Yn, be honest with me

Yn: Huh?

Dad: Was it you?

My face dropped.

Yn: What?!

Dad: I asked- was this you?

Yn: No! I'd never steal money from you-

Dad: Yn don't lie, how is it possible that my money is gone in women's clothing but my card is still here hm?

Frustration swirling withing me, it seemed that ever since Ava showed up my dad no longer trusted me.

Wait...

Yn: It was Ava!

My dad sighed and rolled his eyes.

Dad: Yn don't even start

Yn: But it's true! Think about it!

Dad: Ava is an honest woman and a lawyer! She wouldn't do something illegal!

Yn: No, YOU see her as an honest woman but she's far from that I-

Dad: Yn why are you always blaming Ava for your problems?

Yn: I don't do that!-

Dad: You do! Is it because we're dating?

I gagged.

Yn: Don't use that word-

He frowned.

Dad: That's the word to use Yn, be mature and accept it! What is happening with you? Why are you making things up?