*25*

I gave up on studying after that so I spent hours watching long documentaries on YouTube about unimportant topics, I could smell the steak and mushrooms cooking from my room, and I heard the voices and laughter of Ava and my dad.

"...The condiments! Oh honey! You're so funny"

More laughs, more of her annoying voice.

I turned the volume up and got up from my bed, I decided to change before dinner, just because.

I looked into my closet and scanned my clothes with indecision, I didn't want to try too hard but I also didn't want to look as if I had just woken up. I stood there in frustration for a few seconds and started rummaging through my clothes only to find the ugly shirts I bought when I was sixteen and the same old cardigans I always wear.

As I was rummaging through it all I found one of Albert's hoodie, a pink one, so I folded it and put it to the side. I continued to look for something to wear and then again... another one of his hoodies, black and red, I folded it and put it to the side only for it to happen again.

White... Yellow and black... Pink... Light blue...

This is ridiculous, I thought to myself as I folded his clothing and put it to the side, when I came across the red one he told me to keep my eyes lit up.

It truly was my favorite out of them all, the red was just the perfect shade, the material was thick enough for it to be warm but not too much that I'd suffocate you, it fit me well.

And as much as I wanted to... Something inside me told me it wasn't a good idea to wear my ex's clothing on dinner with my current boyfriend, so I just put it back inside my closet.

As I did so I came across a sage green top with flowers, comfortable and cute enough, that and whatever pair of blue jeans would do.

So I changed, brushed my hair, curled my eyelashes and looked at the time.

6:39 pm.

I looked around my room and even though I wasn't planning on bringing Mark upstairs I started tidying it up, process that included my putting Albert's hoodies in a bag away from sight.

Do I mail these to him?

I contemplated the possibility when my dad called my name from downstairs, I hurried down to find Milo watching some cartoon on the tv, Ava sitting down on the couch scrolling through her phone and my dad on the kitchen absolutely stressing over making the food, I approached my dad.

Dad: Can you set the table?

I didn't have an issue with that, I was glad to help.

However...

Yn: Why isn't Ava helping?

My dad furrowed his brows.

Dad: She has a terrible headache

Yn: Oh does she?

I asked not convinced, my dad sighed.

Dad: Please don't start a fight before your boyfriend gets here, just do as I said

I shook my head and headed over to the dining room, I placed napkins, silverware, plates and cups as Ava watched me from afar with a smirk.

And dang did I realize how ugly she was when we made eye contact.

Someone rang the main entrance's bell, I hurried to open the door before my dad did and I found Mark standing in front of me with a carton of grape juice on his right hand and a bouquet of wildflowers on the other, I tried to hold a smile and failed miserably, he looked me up and down and whistled.