Chapter four : Luther

He needed a job,
so he got a job.

"Shots at table eight and a martini at table two come on, move!" That was the bartender,
he handed him a tray full of drinks.

Yes, that bartender from the other night.

Because, you guessed it, he got a job at that bar.

But let's take it from the start shall we?

Thursday morning, he was running low on money and came to the realisation that he did, in fact, need a job.

So he went around looking for a place to work at.

He searched every office, every supermarket,
everything in that damned city but no one was hiring.

When he began to lose hope, he remembered.

There was one place he hadn't gone to.

'It's a last resort.'

And so he went to the bar and got a job there, as a waiter.

Now it was Sunday again, he'd been working there for a week. Not entirely, he worked on Fridays and weekends, his shifts started at 10:00pm and ended around 3:00am.

Not early at all, so for him it has been exhausting.

Tomorrow.
He would talk with his therapist about it tomorrow.

Or maybe he won't, he never did, they talked and talked but they didn't realy say anything.

And he knew it was his fault.

He was late at that appointment, and all the other ones from then and on.

They did talk without saying anything again. As he'd expected.

He just couldn't speak, not about his feelings, not about his past or the job, not about anything.

And that hurt him, it all built up inside him and made him want to break down.

The weeks went by fast, four now, and he felt absolutely drained.

That night, that long, depressing night,
she came.

He saw her walk in through the doors he'd last seen her walk out of. She was there.

Eve

He was cleaning up a table when he noticed her. They locked eyes and her sad look immediately turned to anger.

She walked up to him
"What the fuck are you doing here?" she was almost yelling.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" "Thought you said you didn't come to bars." "I assumed it was a one-time thing."

That's why he hadn't told her about this. He knew how she felt about the specific bar and he knew that there was no way she would find out about it herself.

Well, he was wrong.
Just how did she always find him?

"Is that what you're worried about? You know it's not safe here!" "Just look at these people."

Her eyes went around the room as she distinctively pointed at everyone in there.

"And look at the time, it's one a.m.! You shouldn't be here!" She was really yelling now and
he flinched.

People were starting to stare.

"I-
Can we talk about this over my break? Please, I'm trying to do my job here." He said that as calmly as he could.