Chapter ten : Luther & Eve

"I don't want to murder anyone Eve." She laughed.

"Well obviously, but...
a bit of vandalism wouldn't hurt right?"

Vandalism?

"What do you mean?"
She went to another room and came back with a plastic bag filled with various things.

Things like spray paint cans, a bat, ect.

"This is what I mean." It was him laughing now,

"Just why do you have all this?" She played with one of the cans.

"All of these are from old collage projects"

"And this baby.." She took out the bat.

"Is my brother's. He plays baseball, he's lend me it for self defense or something."

"I didn't know you had a brother."

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me, Luther"

That hurt, but he let it slide.

"What now?"

"Now, my sweet Luther we go to that bar." "And we fuck it up."

They wanted to be cruel? She'd show them cruel.

They found themselves outside of it in a matter of minutes, carrying the bag with them.

"Just how are we going to get in-" his question was answered when she smashed the bat into the glass doors of the bar.

She gave him a smug look. They both stepped in, minding the shattered glass on the floor.

"Hold this" she handed him the bat, and went behind the counter.

She placed her hand on a shelf, moving it slowly and dropping down a bottle of, well something, he hadn't bothered to memorise each one of them.

"Oops" smiling, she continued to drop the rest of the row of bottles, and the ones on the other selves. Stopping only at the wine section.

"Do you drink wine?"
He nodded.

"Then let's not waste all of them yeah?" She grabbed an expensive looking one and placed it on the counter along with a wine opener.

"Seems good?"

"Yeah"

"Come over here."
He did.

She opened the drawers searching for anything she could break.

In one of them she found glasses "Come on now, don't make me do all the work." "Let go, take out your anger, I know you feel it. And.."
"do your worst."

He swinged the bat across the glasses, smashing most of them.

"There you go!"

He threw some plates down that he found in another drawer. "God, this is so much better than a rage room."

Adrenaline was running through his veins, and it felt incredibly good.

Once there wasn't anything else to break, they sat down. On the exact same spots from when they'd first met.

She opened up the wine, they didn't have any glasses to pour it to so they just passed it to eachother back and forth.

They took sips and talked until she'd ran out of things to complain about concerning the bar.

He remembered they had spray paint cans with them. "What did we bring these for?" He took one of them out.

"Oh! Thanks for reminding me." She shook it before spraying something at the counter.

The bottle was almost empty now and Luther had set it on the sprayed countertop, now staring at it

"Don't you think it's a bit too much?"

Eve grabbed the bottle and poured the last drops of liquor in her mouth.

Then she threw it on the ground along with all the other ones.

"Oh, I think we should have broken into his house and tattooed it on his forehead instead."

"But this will have to do"

He laughed, and as it faded she began talking.

"You know, I get it, if you don't want to see me again after tonight" she was drunk, but speaking the truth.

"Find someone,
better." Her insecurities were beginning to show, she reminded herself that this wasn't about her.

"You can leave, it's all up to you" "I know this city isn't what you'd expected."

It hadn't been a fresh start,
it'd been a rotting start.

She continued

"While, I would be the happiest woman on earth if you stayed."
"It's your decision to make"

She offered her hand, hoping.

"No,
I think I'll stick with you"
He looked at her hand.

"For now?"
She asked, not knowing if she was ready to hear the answer.

"Hmm" he pretend to think.
"Well maybe a little more than that."

He took her hand.
And they walked at of the filthy place. Both smiling proudly.

The sun was rising
And behind them was left a word, written in spray paint and big fat letters.

On top of the counter
It read

'Perv'.