Chapter fourteen : Luther

Luther had never woken up in someone's arms before,
that changed today.

Eve's hand was stroking his hair in a steady pace as she held him tightly.

"Open your eyes darling, I can tell you're awake."

He hugged her and tucked his head on her chest. "Mhmm" he was way too tired, since neither of them had managed to get much sleep.

"I know you don't want to, but we have to go, honey." she rubbed his back and moved him to the side

"Let's see.." she sat up "I'm going to go find a gas station and fetch breakfast for us. You get ready and go wait outside, yeah?"

"Mm"

He was back asleep not long after she walked out the door.

He didn't know what time it was when he next woke up, but he got dressed and outside as quickly as he could.

There she was, outside and waiting for him by the car.

She held one door open for him
"Jeez" he thought it felt ridiculous, how much he enjoyed her doing things for him.

He didn't comment on the gesture.

Eve started the car, which he assumed was pumped with gas to the brim by now.

She handed him a sandwich from the backseat before asking "You tired?"

He was still only half awake, "Yeah."

"Couldn't sleep last night huh?" She smirked.

Luther closed his eyes "And whose fault is that?"

Eve just laughed, most likely at his morning voice, and apparently- attitude.

Minutes passed and he ate his sandwich fast in silence. Until Eve spoke up again.

"Was I-" she cleared her throat "Was I your first?"

Her voice quiet and crisp, much like the air inside the car. The question seemed to wake Luther up. Completely.

"What? No, of course not Eve." ... "Was I that bad?"

It hadn't crossed his mind till just then.

"No, god no Luther. It's just that you're young and that other thing with your last therapist-" "-I just wanted to make sure."

Why did she have to bring him up?

"Yeah, no I've had plenty of one night stands these past few months."

He looked over at Eve
"Have you now?" her eyes fixated at the road up front as her hands wrapped around the steering wheel tighter.

"Thought it never felt right, with them, nor did my first time, with him."

He admitted, a little ashamed.

"And did... last night feel right?"
she glanced at him.

"Yes." He told her as their eyes met. "So I don't want this to be just another hookup, Eve."

Dead silence silence spread between the two, when finally Eve answered; "Okay." firm and still.

"Okay?" Luther tried not to guess what she might mean.

"Okay this won't be just a hookup."

Luther held in a gasp.

"But I don't like that boyfriend-girlfriend shit."

His heart dropped, only slightly.

"Neither of us is in highschool anymore."

He thought about it for a good minute. "So what do you want to call this? Us?"