<~> progress <~>

A/N DON'T TRY THESE BREAKING IN TRICKS ON A REAL HORSE WITHOUT PROFESSIONAL ADVICE

One week later
"Your looking great Bonnie! I think we can start your training." I told Bonnie. She had put on heaps of weight and the vet had just given us the all clear to start breaking her in. I grabbed Bonnie's halter and placed it on her face. Bonnie was great with halters after a while of practice. I lead her into a small round pen covered in shade. I clipped the leadrope off and chucked it over the fence. I grabbed the lunge Line and clipped it to Bonnie's halter. I hurried away to the tack room and grabbed my spare saddle pad. It was a dark green and dirty. I grabbed it and headed back to Bonnie. I placed it on the fence and let Bonnie look at it. She was familiar with saddle pads so she was fine. After a few minutes I held it over her back. Slowly I lowered it on Bonnie's back. The second it touched her back she reared and bucked. She backed away nervously.
"Easy, easy Bonnie." I told her and gave her treat from my pocket. She began eating it and I placed it on her back.
"Good girl." I told her stroking her neck. She was tense but didn't buck. After a while I got the saddle. Slowly I lowered it on her back. The second it touched her back she reared up and moved around causing me to fall back on the ground. I got up and moved away. I placed the saddle pad back on and let her calm down.
"I'm placing it on your back it's okay." I told her. I loved it onto her back and she tried to bite me. I grabbed her halter so she couldn't bite me and gave her a few treats. She began eating it and I placed it on her back.
"Good girl Bonnie." I told her. She bucked and the saddle was flung off her back.
"I regret using my good saddle." I groaned picking up. I heaved it onto her back and lightly placed my hands on it so she didn't buck it off. Bonnie was starting to freak out. I hurried away to blues stall and grabbed his haynet. Blue snorted.
"You can have it back soon." I told him and grabbed it and hurried to Bonnie. I placed it on the fence and let Bonnie eat it. Slowly I did up the girth. Bonnie reared up nearly falling back and I jumped out of the way. I clipped her off the leadrope and jumped out of the arena and let Bonnie buck it all out. After ten minutes she calmed down. I have Bonnie some more treats and finished doing the girth up. Bonnie seemed tense but was calm. I grabbed the lunge line and clipped it on her. I grabbed the lunge whip and started turning. Bonnie dug her feet in the ground.
"Come on baby." I told her. Gently I tapped the crop in the sand. Bonnie reared and bucked freaking out. I dropped the whip.
"Okay no whip." I told Bonnie. I started walking in circles and Bonnie walked. I noticed how weak she looked and scared. After five minutes I took the tack off her and the lunge line.
"Lets go on a trail walk," I told Bonnie. I went to clip the other lead line and I noticed a scar on her nose. I hadn't noticed that before. I ran my hand over her face. She flinched.
"Must be the stupid Spanish nose band!" I yelled. I lead her to a trail. Bonnie walked next to me calmly. After nearly an hour a weird surge went though my body. Something happened. I tied the end of the lead rope to the halter. I don't know what happened but I vaulted onto Bonnie's back. Bonnie seemed calm as I sat on her back. A rush went through my body, the same rush when I first rode Rimel. I gripped the rope-reins when suddenly I heard a massive bang. Before I could react Bonnie moved into a massive gallop.
"Bonnie! Stop!" I yelled. I pulled back on the rope reins. I pulled them back but she didn't stop. Bonnie bucked but I managed to stay on. Trees wizzed past me as we galloped down the track. Bonnie slammed to a halt tossing me back wards. I landed on some dirt on my butt but nothing hurt. I got up and gave Bonnie a pat.
"You really can run huh?" I told Bonnie. I pulled the rope out of the halter's loop and lead her back into her stable.  I gave her a hug and left. I started walking back to the stable. When I got to the dorm I noticed Brooklyn sitting on her bed.
"Hey Brook." I told her not making eye contact and sat down on my desk to work on some of my homework.
"Aella." Brook asked. I looked up from my math book.
"Yeah?" I asked confused.
"I'm hosting a little dorm party can you leave?" Brook asked.
"Brook. This is my room two!" I yelled.
"Get out." Brook grabbed me my the arm and shoved me out. I fell forward and I was caught in someone's arms. I looked up and saw Flin. The door slammed behind me and I stood up.
"Thanks babe." I told him standing up and kissing his cheek.
"Me and rune are working on polework wanna come?" He asked. I nodded and followed him to the stable.