TOGETHER

NAIOMI

Its been 3 weeks since I had dinner with Damien. We've grown a bit close but I keep my distance. I always keep my distance. It's raining today,don't get me wrong I absolutely adore the rain. I'm dressed in comfortable clothing as I sit in the lounge watching a movie while having some snacks. I hear a knock on the door,I don't remember expecting anyone though. I open the door only to be met with Damien's blue eyes. "Hi." I say as I greet him. "Naiomi, I can't, I can't do this anymore. We've been hanging out for 3 weeks now and, and I just-can you give me a chance,please." He says walking in and already I know where this conversation is headed to. I want to give it a chance I really do but I can't. "Damien I think it's best we leave it as friends." "Naiomi" "No Damien,you don't understand." I say to looking into his eyes. "Then make me understand Naiomi." "I can't okay. I can't make you understand Damien. I'm too complicated for you, it would never work out." I shout at him. "Naiomi,you can trust me I-" "No Damien you don't get it. I can't trust you, you'll brake my heart. I'm too broken for you to love!" "No Naiomi! You don't get it. I want to be there for you. Give me a chance okay. I know you've got issues I do too and I - I just. We can make it work. I can change we can - we can figure something out Naiomi,please."he begs and I just- I don't know what to do anymore. "Damien, I'm too broken for you to love. We won't make it Damien. I'm too complicated for you to understand, my life's different,I can't trust you okay, you'll brake my heart,Damien,I'll brake yours." I tell him avoiding eye contact and it's like he just shattered in front of me. "Naiomi,please. Let me in let me prove to you that we'll make it. I'm just as broken and hurt as you." My eyes shoot up and meet his, he's just as broken as me. "I want to Damien I really,really do, believe me." He takes a step closer closing the gap between us with every step he takes."Then do it Naiomi. I know we're both deep down in darkness but we can,we can help each other out of it,we can change it Naiomi. I just- I-" I cut him off as I bring our lips together. He doesn't hesitate to kiss back. My hands find they're way to his neck and my fingers get tangled into his beautiful dark hair. His lips soft as we kiss. I pull away and we look into each others eyes. "I take that as a yes then." He says smiling causing me to do so as well. I can hear the relief in the tone of his voice. "Movie ?" "Sounds good."he says as we head into the lounge. "What are we watching?" He asks looking at the TV. "Black Widow." I answer as I get comfortable and move closer to him. He reaches for me grabbing me by the waist and pulling me towards him,placing me on top of him in a cuddling position with his eyes fixed on the tv, but his hands still holding onto my waisted,as if I'll disappear if he lets go if me.  Thank god for my skin colour,he can't see me blushing. I decide to get more comfortable.

I guess I ended up falling asleep cause I'm being woken up by my phone ringing. I open my eyes and immediately remember that I'm cuddling with Damien. "It's your mum."he says handing me my phone. Shit. "Hi ma."I says greeting my mother as I answered the phone call. "Hey sweetie. What are you doing." She asks. "Oh, nothing mum just watching a movie with a friend." I answer her as I turn to see Damien smirking. "Oh. While you're over there lazing around,your sister just got a new modeling contract with an expensive brand. And what are you doing, oh right, watching a movie so disgraceful." She says to me. I don't know what was I expecting. It's always gonna be like this. "It's my day off ma." I try to explain to justify my actions even though I'm an adult and can do what I want. "Even if it's your day off Naiomi,you can't be lazing around like a spoilt brat. Do something useful for once. Can't you just be like your sisters!" She yells at me and my heart shatters,even though she says it often it still hurts. Tears brim my eyes gaining a worried look from Damien. "Ma, that's not- that's not fair mum." "I don't care Naiomi. You should try to at least make me proud for once in your life!" And with that she cuts the call leaving me there trying to swallow my tears. "Hey,hey ,hey." I hear Damien's voice as he reaches out towards me bring me close to him in between his legs with his hands around me. I cry. "I'm never gonna be good enough for her." I say to him crying on his shoulder as he rubs circles on my back. "She seems to ruin every happy relaxing moment I can get with just one call,one call Damien. One call,only a few sentences, and I'm crying." "She won't be able to ruin us." He says looking into my eyes smiling. "Forget about that. Let's get ice cream." He says trying to cheer me up. I nod, who in their right minds would ever pass down ice cream.