~Chapter 7~☆It Takes Time☆

3rd pov:

Damien woke up, he didn't move he just layed there. After a good 10 minutes, he finally got up. Then he just sat at the edge of his bed.

It had officially been 2 weeks since Pip last spoke to him, and it was leaving him drained. He grabbed his phone from the nightstand.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damien - Can we talk?

Damien - please?
                     Read at 7:37 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, that was new. Pip wanted to talk to him? It was still a chance to explain himself. So Damien got ready for school, and took his time trying to think of what he want to say to Pip.

He got there and waited. He waited during homeroom impatiently. Pip walked in and sat down next to him.

"Can we talk?"

"Just because you're talking doesn't mean I'm listening." Pip pointed out.

"I'm sorry, I know I've already apologized. I just don't know anymore. I know our friendship was based off a lie, but everything I said to you was true. I know I can't fix anything-"

"I'm moving."

"What?"

"I am moving. I'm leaving in 2 weeks."

"Do you move around alot?"

"More than alot. I never stay in one place too long."

"Must suck."

"It does. I remember the first time I had to leave home. My parents died when I was younger, and my sister got to take care of me. She got arrested for child abuse and neglect. Since then, I've been from home to home, place to place."

"Is that why you're leaving?"

"My foster parents are moving for work."

"Uh huh."

"Yeah..."

There was awkward silence, for a moment.

"I forgive you, by the way." Pip said breaking the silence.

"Uh huh." Damien said. In reality, he was lost in thought. Pip was moving, that was understood, but why did he feel things about it.

He wasn't supposed to care.

He was supposed to just move on.

Why did he care so much?

His thoughts were interrupted by the teacher talking.

He tried.
He tried to focus on class.
He tried to comprehend what Pip had told him.
So, why couldn't he?

It was confusing.

He had only been this confused once, and it was when his mom had left him. She had left him all alone at the park and it was 1 whole day before someone found him, and brought him home.

He found his way back home, where his father was distraught.

He was a sobbing mess.

After 2 days, he had sat a five year old Damien down, and explained the situation.

His mother had been unhappy for a while, and never wanted to have a child in the first place. After a while, she fell out of love of his father. She left him and Damien, without thinking twice.

Damien was confused because to only woman he had ever knew, or loved for that matter, just dissapered. Like, with a snap, out of his life.

It sucked because he got comfort from those around him but he would never understand why.

It's not like he was used to this feeling, but it wasn't something he had never experienced.

So in short, he was out of it. Just lost in thought almost all day.

He couldn't bother himself to speak to almost anybody, all day.

He went home and flopped onto his bed. He was feeling... empty. He needed to get occupied or something.

Just something needed to distract him.

Only for a little while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey pookies!

I now work at my local subway 🥰