[4] Between Two Realms

You blush, having his ice-cold lips upon your warm skin. 

A shiver trails up your spine as he removes himself from you.

"You remember our deal, don't you, (F/n)?"

You nod, your other hand rubbing over the one that got kissed. "O-of course..."

"Splendid!" He grins. "But before we start, I'd like to ask some questions."

"Okay..."

"Follow me, deary." He turns away and walks toward the front entrance. 

You do as told and follow him to the outside world. 

Boo brings you to where you were found by his ghostly subjects near the green pipe. 

Not much differs from when you were on the brink of death, though the mansion's exterior is creepier than the interior. 

You brush past the weird feeling and stay close to the man. 

You both stand before it; an intimidating aura radiates from in and out of the giant pipe—nothing like the other ones lurking nearby. Goosebumps trail down your body the longer you stare at it, taking refuge behind King Boo. 

"What's wrong?" He asks over his shoulder. 

You realize you reacted out of a sudden act of fear. "O-oh, s-sorry... I didn't mean to-." 

"Do you feel a certain connection to this?" Boo questions again, turning around to face you. 

"Kind of..?" You mumble in uncertainty. "I can't put my finger on it, but it makes me uneasy..."

He looks back at the pipe and then back at you. "Interesting..." The man says, rubbing his chin and closing his eyes. Boo takes a moment to try to feel the same thing you experienced. 

There's a minute of dead silence. 

Afterward, King Boo opens his amethyst eyes and struggles to smile. "You're not of this world..." He states, pausing for a split second before continuing. "Far from it..." 

Obviously... 

That's one of the first things I noticed when I came to.

You only thought this and didn't dare say something so rude out loud, especially not to the man who saved you. 

"Yes..." Is the only thing you can say in this situation, unsure what to say more of or do clearly. 

"Do you remember anything prior to arriving the way you did?" Boo, questions, walking over to the pipe and examining it from the outside, then looking inside and seeing nothing but a black abyss. 

You shake your head. "No. I can't remember anything besides my name and the basic human actions like breathing, walking, etc."  

Your comment makes him chuckle. "Amnesia, huh?" He clicks his tongue. "That's never good..." 

"Can nothing be done about it?" You ask worryingly. 

The man notices your concern and adjusts his pendant. "It's nothing to fret about; I'll have to look into it while you do as you promised." Boo sighs while looking at you. "And in the process, I'll dive to know more what the deal is with this pipe and where you came from." His eyes glow with curiosity. "It'll be quite the challenge indeed..." He mutters, glancing the other way. 

"If it's too much, please don't bother-." 

"Forgive me, deary, but it's just what I needed!" He exclaims happily. "So, don't worry." 

There was something you felt about his response. 

Was it the way his white hair flew softly in the breeze of the night? 

Was it the way his curiosity and eagerness were visibly noticeable?

Or was it the way his words felt genuine?

Or all of the above?

Either way, you can't pinpoint it exactly, but you believe him and his words. 

"If you say so..." You mention softly. 

King Boo leads you back to the mansion to go over the basics and what you'll do to fulfill your end of the agreement that you made out of a moment of desperation. 

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')