𝟏.

Stefan's by himself as he moves a broken chair out of the way near the fireplace

Stefan's by himself as he moves a broken chair out of the way near the fireplace. He picks up leg of the chair, then looks up to see Katherine watching him with crossed arms.

Stefan: You know, for the record, I, uh, I only broke one of these. *holds up the leg of the chair.*

Katherine: It was an ugly chair. *Starts to walk up to him* You're better off without it.

He nods, then Katherine bends over to pick up another leg of the broken chair.

Stefan: So I guess you were right all along. It was easier for me to focus on my physical pain than the break-up. I need to move on.

Katherine: *playfully* So you admit it. I do know what I'm doing. *smirks at him as she walks closer.*

Stefan: To be honest with you, I never know exactly what you're doing, Katherine.

Katherine: *smiles, amused*
Well, Stefan, sometimes...I don't either. *hands him the broken leg.*

*Stefan looks at her for a moment, then takes the leg and throws it across the room with the rest of the broken chair. There's silence, and Katherine is still standing in front of him. She hesitates, but moves even closer to Stefan to the point they're only inches apart.*

Katherine: Like right now...* stare at his lips for a moment while Stefan looks a little confused at her statement, then starts to caress his chest*
...for example.

Stefan doesn't pull away, instead looking at her hand on his chest and then back at her. They stare at each as Katherine slowly moves closer to him, stopping to make sure Stefan wouldn't push her away. When he starts to drift closer to her, Katherine proceeds and the two kiss each other softly. After a moment, she pulls away and stares at him quesioningly. Immediately, Stefan pulls her back and kisses her more firmly, causing the moment to intensify into a passionate make-up session.

Caroline: Hey, Elena. I'm probably going to stay at my Mom's tonight. I think I am officially homesick. So I'll let you know when I'm-- * confused as her vampire hearing picks up sounds of intense kissing and gasps of air.*

Katherine: *faintly in a moan* Stefan...

Caroline: *looks shocked and horrified* Oh. My. God. Call me as soon as you get this!

(SOME TIME LATER~Next Day )

Katherine: What the hell happened to you?

Damon: Ditto. Elena's not here by any chance, is she?

Katherine: I haven't seen her, not that I've been looking.