𝟐.

Katherine Point Of View
(She's Human at the moment.)

I never wanted it to come to this

I never wanted it to come to this. The day I have to look Stefan, the man I love, in the eyes and tell him that I never want to see him again. It feels like a dagger through my heart, but I know it's the only way. I can't let him know the truth, not now, not ever.

We stand in the dimly lit corridor of the Salvatore Boarding House. The air is thick with unspoken tension, and I can see the confusion on Stefan's face. But I have to be strong. I have to protect myself and the secret that grows within me.

"Stefan, Im leaving." I whisper, my voice barely audible. I try to keep my emotions in check, but my trembling hands betray the turmoil within me. I take a step back, creating a distance between us, hoping it will make this conversation easier.

"Katherine? What happened?" Stefan's voice cracks, his eyes pleading for an explanation.

I take a deep breath, trying to steady myself. "It was a mistake, Stefan. We were never meant to be together. We were caught up in the heat of the moment, and I know you can never look at me the way you look at Elena."

His eyes widen, disbelief and hurt mingling in his gaze. "Katherine."

I avert my gaze, unable to meet his eyes. I can't let him see the truth written on my face. "It was just a moment, Stefan. You said it yourself."

His voice trembles with a mix of anger and desperation. " Katherine, I said it because we were in the moment but that doesn't mean I don't care about you."

I feel a lump forming in my throat as I push down the tears threatening to spill. "Stefan. It was all a lie. It's for the best that I leave."

His eyes search mine, his gaze filled with confusion and pain. I can see the questions forming in his mind, the desire to understand why I'm pushing him away so fiercely. But I can't let him know the truth. I can't let him know that I carry his child.

As our silent standoff continues, I can feel the weight of the secret growing heavier within me, threatening to consume me. I know I must protect this child, our child, from the chaos that surrounds us. I can't let Stefan become entangled in our complicated lives. It's my burden to bear alone.

"I'm sorry, Stefan," I whisper, my voice barely audible.

With those words, I turn away from him, my heart breaking with every step I take. I can hear his voice calling out to me, his pleas for understanding, but I can't look back. I can't let him see the tears streaming down my face, the pain that mirrors his own.

In that corridor, I leave behind the truth. The truth of our child, a secret that will shape the course of my life, hidden away from Stefan, hidden away from the world.

 The truth of our child, a secret that will shape the course of my life, hidden away from Stefan, hidden away from the world