Chapter 15 - Married Moments

JAMES

Had I known that marrying Cheska and living under the same roof with her would be this interesting, I would have done this a long time ago.

Our set-up is odd and crazy, but I'm really enjoying it. My house is full of life due to Cheska.

Wanna take a glimpse of our married life?

Here goes .....

Married Moment #1 
Ham&Cheese

It's a lazy Saturday afternoon. This is the first weekend since I went back to work. Since we've been inseparable during the honeymoon period,  namiss ko sya when I went back to work. So babawi ako this weekend. I'll do whatever she wants to do. And her idea of a good weekend is to stay lazy in the couch, watch the Big Bang Theory sitcom --continuously, and pig out on pizza and cola. This is her idea of a productive Saturday! Nice!

"I like Sheldon's character. He's weird and over the top, but he's annoyingly lovable," she suddenly blurted out.

"Why do you have this thing with anything weird ... Can't you just like normal stuff?" I asked.

"Then you wouldn't be my best friend if I like normal stuff ..." she retorted with her wide smile.

"Come to think of it, ako din pala. I'm fascinated with weird stuff..." sabi ko nalang na natatawa.

"That's good... Normal is boring..." she smiled.

Bigla nalang kaming natahimik pareho.

Then she suddenly asked a question, "James, why do you call me Honey... you know... in front of other people?"

"Chekay, term of endearment... normal couples have to have that..."

"James, I know what term of endearment is. My question is --- Why Honey?" sabi nya sabay irap.

I laughed and shrugged, "I don't know... nataranta na ako eh... Honey is the most common term of endearment I know..."

"I don't like common... I don't like normal" sabi nya.

"Okay, do you want to change it? Love? Sweetheart? Baby?"

"Ayoko ng mga ganun... so ordinary..."

"So what do you want?"

"Yung weird and different like spoon & fork or salt  & pepper ... stuff like that."

 Tumawa lang ako. Kahit kelan talaga 'tong babaeng 'to.

"How about Yin & Yang?" I asked.

"Ayoko! Alam mo bang yung Yin na female side, eh, yun ung negative side. No way! How about screw & screwdriver?"

"Chekay? Seriously... you want me to call you screw?"