chapter 1

This was just a normal day for yn. She is just a normal Indian girl in the 21st century, living a normal life according to the modern standards.

..

..

..

yn mom- (shouts) YN!! wake up! you are going to be late for school, *she says as she comes to the room with a belan in her hand*. it was just 6am, quite early for children to be up, when talking around the globe. but India is ✨special✨. the schools start early, so you have to be early, and being from a brahmin family who still follow their roots but don't necessarily go and attend yagnas for others, though a few members of their family do.

yn- yes, yes (mumbles) I am up mamaji.

yn then goes and gets ready for her 6th grade. She has a routine of going to the temple everyday after getting ready, it is just a customary thing for her, she is neither that religious or even understands all of what is happening around her, after all she is just a child.  

She goes in the temple, her school uniform already on, she took the risk of going in WITH her socks on! we all know that is most probably a bad idea, isn't it. Still she goes in, goes to the shivalinga, and then the gives water to Suraya deva. everything was fine till then, but as she turns and... 

her socks are wet... 🙄 

yn- seriously!?! oh my god.. (sighs) its ok yn calm down, hopefully the other pair is dried if not then have fun going to school with wet socks. *she says this to herself*

She then goes to the other side of the temple where there was a room with a Radha Krishna murti in it. She went in and did her normal ritual, lighting the diyas, and then asking lord Krishna for what she wanted that day, there were some wishes that always remained the same, like give me good health, wealth and happiness and so on. She had some specific wishes that depended on the day, like acing her tests, getting a good performance, having something special done during that day. 

All of this was very normal for her. She found calmness in doing this, but not necessarily from worshipping but rather from the routine. 

Then she goes about her day, no care in the world for anything, she always felt a pull towards her religion but it was only in phases, for a week she would be so obsessed with her religion, the next she would just go about her day not thinking about god for the rest of the day after going to temple in the morning.

..

..

..

Here comes the day of Raksha Bandhan, the precious bond between sisters and brothers is celebrated. And here, our yn is also celebrating this with her brother, lord Krishna. Her mother always gets her a rakhi that she has to tie to lord Krishna's murti, now how could she ever say no to her mom and besides it is not like she had any objections to it, she just did not really understand much about it; after all, yn is just a child.  She is just looking at her brother lovingly, now is one of those moments when she gets really religious and wishes that she could see the lord. And just like that the day passes with her being in a cheerful and festive mood. She then goes to her home temple, where she sees laddu Gopal dressed beautifully and looking at her, as if he is observing her, she, though only for a moment, but forgot about the fact that it is an idol. it is made in such a way that you feel that god is there with you.

Now, it is upon ones-self to decide whether god is truly with them or not.

Jai Shree Krishna!

Radhe Radhe!

...643 words...